Veteran's Day Nov. 11, 2012

TheKid

Just got back from our Union Meeting where we stood up and said 'The Pledge od Allegiance' . . . . Thank you Veterans ! !

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Hey, God Bless and Thank You

Many of our BC members served...
Allow us to be proud to be among you.

Please stand up to be counted.

Your Avatar name and branch is all I ask...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
LamarArmy6.jpg
My dad in WW2. He saw combat as a BAR man in the 10th Division during the Italian
campaign. This photo looks like he just got out of a jeep in a little town somewhere, he was 18 at the time.
LamarArmy6.jpg

texan

View attachment 7879
My dad in WW2. He saw combat as a BAR man in the 10th Division during the Italian
campaign. This photo looks like he just got out of a jeep in a little town somewhere, he was 18 at the time.

Fort Drum. NY
Originally activated as the 10th Light Division (Alpine) in 1943, the division was redesignated the 10th Mountain
Division in 1944 and fought in the mountains of Italy in some of the roughest terrain in the country.

Following the war the division was deactivated, only to be reactivated and redesignated as the
10th Infantry Division in 1948.

The division first acted as a training division and in 1954 was converted to a full combat division and
sent to Germany before being deactivated again in 1958.

Reactivated again in 1985, the division was designated the 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry),
to historically tie it to the World War II division and to also better describe its modern disposition. Since
its reactivation the division and/or elements of the division have deployed numerous times since.

The division has participated in Operation Desert Storm (Saudi Arabia), Hurricane Andrew disaster
relief (Homestead, Florida), Operation Restore Hope and Operation Continue Hope (Somalia),
Operation Uphold Democracy (Haiti), Operation Joint Forge (Bosnia and Herzegovina),
Operation Joint Guardian (Kosovo), and several deployments as part
of the Multinational Force and Observers (Sinai Peninsula). Since 2001, the division and its four
combat brigades have seen over 20 deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan in support
of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, respectively.

Last edited:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Fort Drum. NY
Originally activated as the 10th Light Division (Alpine) in 1943, the division was redesignated the 10th Mountain
Division in 1944 and fought in the mountains of Italy in some of the roughest terrain in the country.

Following the war the division was deactivated, only to be reactivated and redesignated as the
10th Infantry Division in 1948.

The division first acted as a training division and in 1954 was converted to a full combat division and
sent to Germany before being deactivated again in 1958.

Reactivated again in 1985, the division was designated the 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry),
to historically tie it to the World War II division and to also better describe its modern disposition. Since
its reactivation the division and/or elements of the division have deployed numerous times since.

The division has participated in Operation Desert Storm (Saudi Arabia), Hurricane Andrew disaster
relief (Homestead, Florida), Operation Restore Hope and Operation Continue Hope (Somalia),
Operation Uphold Democracy (Haiti), Operation Joint Forge (Bosnia and Herzegovina),
Operation Joint Guardian (Kosovo), and several deployments as part
of the Multinational Force and Observers (Sinai Peninsula). Since 2001, the division and its four
combat brigades have seen over 20 deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan in support
of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, respectively.

Texan

I know you served.
I also know are a private man.
Without providing details of your MOS, please share some simple details with us.

When did you join the Army?
How long did you serve?
Are you currently in the the Guard?
Did you spend anytime overseas?

And thank you for your service.
God Bless.
AJ

texan

United States Army Sgt. Zach Ames, center, who has been on a one-year deployment to Afghanistan, surprises
his wife, Bri Ames, left, and their daughter Emersyn, right, with a reunion prior to an NFL football game between
the New York Jets and the Seattle Seahawks on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, in Seattle, Wash.
pb-121111-vetsday-cannon_photoblog900.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would like to thank all those who have served, who are currently serving or who may have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

(Do we really need a thread full of videos to express what I just did in one sentence?)

This picture (and the many many others) make the thread worth it.

United States Army Sgt. Zach Ames, center, who has been on a one-year deployment to Afghanistan, surprises
his wife, Bri Ames, left, and their daughter Emersyn, right, with a reunion prior to an NFL football game between
the New York Jets and the Seattle Seahawks on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, in Seattle, Wash.
pb-121111-vetsday-cannon_photoblog900.jpg