Veterans Day

rod

Retired 22 years
I went to Applebees at 4:00 and they were packed. I sat at the bar so it didn't turn out to be free after all :wink2:

EmerCond421

To my Father; WWII Army Air Corp shot down over Germany, 2 1/2 yr POW and my Uncle; Battle of the Bulge and ALL veterans thank you so much for the sacrifices you made to ensure our freedom and way of life. May God Bless.

Thumbster

I saw a bumper sticker that read "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in english, thank a Veteran". Thanks again to all fellow Veterans and their families.

david cassin

dublinbrown
my uncle served on a minesweeper during ww2 .although an irishman no work here meant he had to go abroad and signed up.he never talked about the war my late mother told me.i think he seen some awful sights.his father my grandfather worked building the unfortunate titanic in harland and wolfe but died a young man after working on a machine rust got into a cut and no proper medicine back then died shortly after
without these brave men and women who served only the blue eyed and blond haired people would have survived the rest of us would have been shot.

whiskey

my uncle served on a minesweeper during ww2 .although an irishman no work here meant he had to go abroad and signed up.he never talked about the war my late mother told me.i think he seen some awful sights.his father my grandfather worked building the unfortunate titanic in harland and wolfe but died a young man after working on a machine rust got into a cut and no proper medicine back then died shortly after
without these brave men and women who served only the blue eyed and blond haired people would have survived the rest of us would have been shot.
Salute david cassin sir, as I throw back a pint in memory of your father and your father's father.