Veterans day

Inthegame

I had the honor of visiting the war memorials in D.C. last year. Very moving. It was a cool misty evening and walking through the Korean memorial with all the bigger than life statues stopped me still and took my breath away. Every veteran is bigger than life in my book. Too many friends names on the Vietnam wall. Thank you to every vet.

old levi's

blank space
I had the honor of visiting the war memorials in D.C. last year. Very moving. It was a cool misty evening and walking through the Korean memorial with all the bigger than life statues stopped me still and took my breath away. Every veteran is bigger than life in my book. Too many friends names on the Vietnam wall. Thank you to every vet.
I have also heard that the Korean memorial is remarkable. Never been to Washington.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I would like to thank all the Veterans for tehir sacrafices so we can live free daily! As an American I find it important to shop American and support America. I saw on the news this website, its for Veterans that own their own American businesses.

Want to thank a Veteran? Shop and support them right here at home. No better way to say thank you!
Veteran Owned Business Directory | Veterans Businesses | Free Listings | Owned By United States Military Veterans | Veteran-Owned Member Company | SDVOSB | VOB | DVBE | Service Connected Disabled

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I have also heard that the Korean memorial is remarkable. Never been to Washington.
It's a powerful memorial, to really appreciate it you have to see when it's covered in snow:

KoreanWarMemorialSnow.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Just curious rod, Do they ask for proof of your service when you go?

Yes -- you were required to show either your DD-214, VA picture ID or be wearing your military uniform. I went about noon and there was only about a 10 minute wait but it was getting a lot busier when we left. Being that my wife went with me this time and she wanted a giant Bloody Mary before we ate (my free meal deal -- beverages not included) only cost me 23 bucks with the tip. :happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
It's a powerful memorial, to really appreciate it you have to see when it's covered in snow:

KoreanWarMemorialSnow.jpg

Even though I'm a Vietnam Vet and was extreamly touched by the Vietnam Memorial Wall both times I have been to D.C. I have to agree that the Korean War Memorial is just as if not more impressive. If you get a chance visit the Korean one at night. Those statues seem to almost come alive and they will take your breath way. I fact if you get a chance do a whole night tour of D.C. with a tour guide.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Around here......Sizzler is offering active duty and retired members of the military a free lunch Monday.
Until 4 pm guests with proof of service can select a 6 oz. tri tip steak, single Malibu chicken or half dozen fried shrimp entrée with choice of side dish.

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor is offering a free Red, White and Blue Thankyou Sundae to military personnel and veterans all weekend.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Veteran's Day 2014

California Pizza Kitchen is offering a free entrée Tuesday to all military and veterans from a special menu. Wear your uniform or bring proof of service. Dine in only. This is valid at all participating California Pizza Kitchen restaurants in the U.S. (excluding all airport, stadium, university, Mirage Hotel and Guam locations).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of our local franchise restaurants are doing the same. I still have to decide where I want to go. I tend to tip a lot more when they pick up the tab for dinner.