Vice Presidential Debate..... 2012.... "this one should be good"

UPS Lifer

Biden did exactly what he was suppose to do, fire up the base. Plain and simple. It wasn't about getting votes, his job was to get the base excited as opposed to thinking 'what was Obama's problem'.
He succeeded at that. Just watch something other than Fox and fiends. When a show on Fox Business is giving to to Biden, that says something.

I think you are right. But I think we need to define the base. This is not your mom & pop's Democratic party. The "base" has moved way to the left. The base was not happy that Obama didn't come out and do what Biden did to Mitt. They don't care how BO wins. The evidence is in the way they have conducted this campaign. Romney was respectful when talking to the president. The Chicago campaign has now tried everything.
Cutter has now said that it is Romney and Ryan's fault we are still talking about Libya! HA! (That is a whole notha story!!)

Did Biden score points with women? I am sure the "base" was thrilled! My wife is a centrist. She was yelling at the TV, every time Biden interrupted Ryan. She has lost all respect for Biden. I think he forgot he was a sitting vice-president. He demeaned the office.

The idiot didn't even thank Ryan at the end of the debate! Based on what ugly emotions he brought out in my wife, I have to think that undecided independent women are leaning toward Romney after last night.

ENOUGH ALREADY ABOUT SPECIFICS

The ubers just don't understand how business works. They want specifics so they can shoot Romney right between the eyes. Obama has no intention to work with the Republicans.

If you want to be successful in business, you give your plan (steer the ship). In this case, it is a 5 Point Plan. You work with both sides to come up with the activities and actions to get to your goal. You adjust your plan as you see or don't see the trend you are looking for.

How many of you like being told - you better do it my way or we are coming after you? Does that work at UPS? Are you happy with that approach? ....that is the Obama way! Double down, I am right, you are wrong. I am the president. The people elected me not you. Does that work for you?

How would you react, if your boss came to you and asked you, what are your thoughts on doing this new project? How can we make it better? What am I missing? If you get Congress to come to a consensus and make them feel they matter, with a REAL leader guiding you, you can make effective changes that most of the country can get behind.

Let's talk about production - Something UPSers understand and HATE! When your boss threatens you for your performance yesterday. How do you feel? Do you want to go out today and do better? I used to work in what is called "Fantasyland" now-a-days! Let's go there. What if your boss comes up to you and asks you what happened? What can I do to make your job better? What is holding you back from reaching your performance plan? If you walk the talk, your co-worker will see your sincerity.

The hard line union folks come to work everyday waiting for a battle. It is us against them! They do what they can to fight management every step of the way. Does anything get done? Do you like working in this atmosphere?

Some of you have worked for good managers and bad managers. Obama is a bad manager! And Biden is now a thug who does his bidding. Who would you rather work with to get America back on track?

beentheredonethat

A lot of the interrupting came from Ryan hogging the floor. I think it was pure frustration. That being said, it was unprofessional.

I think they should have timed responses, and if they go over, their mike's get cut off.

How do you figure that Ryan hogged the floor, when Biden had more time talking in the debate?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
RyanMeme1.png

Overpaid Union Thug

I AM Joe Biden and I won the debate! I did because I'm furious, laughing, pointing my fingers at you, and because I say so! And if you counter me with facts I, or the moderator will interupt you! Giggle...... Giggle.......

island1fox

Biden acted like a clown. Laughing and smirking --especially during the abortion debate --libs say a very sensitive topic --Ryan answered with principle and honesty --Biden seems to feel stopping a heartbeat is funny.

Biden believes that life begins at conception --yet he is alright with ending that life --pretty big contradiction in ones life !!

Also speak over people and be rude --does not change the fact that obamacare RAIDED Medicare. Reducing payments to Doctors, Nursing Homes And Hospitals as thousands of Baby boomers retire every year will make it much harder to find Medical care for Seniors. This happens 2013 AFTER the election.

I love when the libs say AARP agrees with them. As Medicare payments to doctors and Hospitals drop by 20% --AARP will be raising the premiums that Seniors pay for Supplemental coverage--many will not be able to afford --DISGRACEFUL !!!:sad-little:

beentheredonethat

The debate was well moderated. The moderator handled both men equally. As for Biden, i thought he was concise and to the point. His facial expressions I believe showed his displeasure with RYANs B.S. answers.

Biden is the Vice President, and he acted like one. RYAN looked like a school boy trying to act like a college student.

Ryan was full of nonsense with his NON answers. To this moment, he still will not explain the romney ryan tax plan and will not explain the removal of tax deductions for middle class americans.

The best part of the debate was when BIDEN pointed out that RYAN sent two letters asking for MILLIONS of tax dollars in stimulus money.

Biden laughing in Paul Ryans face showed america what a :censored2:bag Ryan really is.

I enjoyed it. I hope OBAMA can follow up with a debate performance equal to Bidens.

Sorry folks, round two goes to BIDEN.

peace

TOS

You are so lopsided, it is ridiculous. But the thing is.. .Far left people will think Biden won no matter what.. Far right people will think Ryan won no matter what. I don't think many undecideds were swayed one way or the other last night.

Biden did a heck of a lot better then I thought he was going to.. But his fake toothy smile and his constant interruptions were a big distraction. The moderator was definitely pro democrat and showed by how she let Biden interrupt as much as he did when he actually had more speaking minutes then Ryan.

My opinion, even if you totally agree that he inherited a bad situation, he has shown he can't fix the problem. Move aside, and let a person who has consistently shown how to run a state, how to run the olympics how to run businesses take the country down a path of fiscal responsibility.

over9five

Staff member
Not unlike the new ad that's already going around? Yeah, I'll be watching the whole thing in it's entirety, but I have to admit this video isn't making Biden look good.

[video=youtube;PCtemaHgjyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PCtemaHgjyA[/video]
I was working, so I didn't see the debate and can't comment on who won it.
But if that video is accurate, Biden looked like a grinning fool. I think we can all agree our Vice President is an idiot, and I do really hate the Libs saying "Oh, that's just Joe being Joe!". My God, you could just as well say, "Oh, that's just Joe being a fool".

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The first and last question's answers tells me all I need to know. Biden is a liar and he doesn't respect the lives of the unborn.How can we trust the country to someone who denies the truth,denies his faith (although he accepted the mantle on Catholic legislator) and disrepects life.

M

MenInBrown

I also like how he threw the Intelligence community under the bus by them not knowing that Libya was a terrorist attack. (Which was a lie) Then when it came to Iran getting a nuke...this poorest intelligence community knows for a fact that they dont have a weapon to carry a nuke? How can you throw them under the bus, but when it came to Iran, you know that they would have the intelligence about them not having a weapon. But we have heard the blame game for everything. Ignorance is not an excuse when dealing with American lives. This administration is no more then a bunch of ignorant, lazy, and unpatriotic americans.

roadrunner2012

Troll
I also like how he threw the Intelligence community under the bus by them not knowing that Libya was a terrorist attack. (Which was a lie) Then when it came to Iran getting a nuke...this poorest intelligence community knows for a fact that they dont have a weapon to carry a nuke? How can you throw them under the bus, but when it came to Iran, you know that they would have the intelligence about them not having a weapon. But we have heard the blame game for everything. Ignorance is not an excuse when dealing with American lives. This administration is no more then a bunch of ignorant, lazy, and unpatriotic americans.

Meet thine ownself.

roadrunner2012

Troll
The first and last question's answers tells me all I need to know. Biden is a liar and he doesn't respect the lives of the unborn.How can we trust the country to someone who denies the truth,denies his faith (although he accepted the mantle on Catholic legislator) and disrepects life.

No, he respects other peoples views/beliefs. America is not about forcing your religious beliefs on others.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
No, he respects other peoples views/beliefs. America is not about forcing your religious beliefs on others.

I did not say that . He noded and accepted the mantle of Catholic politician If he wants to respect other views then he should renounce his faith in front of the American people . I can deal with that .But he is the same as that hypocrite Nancy Pelosi . Do not wave the Catholic banner and support pro choice or the government's underwritting of it.I may be called an American cafeteria Catholic by the church but when in comes to conception and the protection and presevation of life there is absolutley no middle ground.

roadrunner2012

Troll
I did not say that . He noded and accepted the mantle of Catholic politician If he wants to respect other views then he should renounce his faith in front of the American people . I can deal with that .But he is the same as that hypocrite Nancy Pelosi . Do not wave the Catholic banner and support pro choice or the government's underwritting of it.I may be called an American cafeteria Catholic by the church but when in comes to conception and the protection and presevation of life there is absolutley no middle ground.

So you think that a true Catholic should not respect the beliefs of another? Were the Crusades a good idea?

If there is no middle ground, that would mean you don't believe in waging war, capital punishment, and believe that Romney belongs to a cult.

The Jesus I know teaches understanding and tolerance, living by example, if you like. I think Joe Biden is probably a better Catholic than either you or I.

moreluck

golden ticket member
America saw 2 Catholics......Ryan & Biden.

the good example was on the right as they should be.

You cannot separate your beliefs.....you are the person and you are what you are brought up to be

Pelosi, Biden are the examples of "convenience catholics".

You mention tolerance.....what you hold as your core belief doesn't "bother" anybody else.

M

MenInBrown

I could care less about his faith...where is the economy going? At the end of the day I could care less if you are catholic because that does not put food on the table for my family. Biden will say whatever he can to keep some sort of power...spoken like a lifetime politician.