Vice Presidential Debate..... 2012.... "this one should be good"

moreluck

golden ticket member
I could care less about his faith...where is the economy going? At the end of the day I could care less if you are catholic because that does not put food on the table for my family. Biden will say whatever he can to keep some sort of power...spoken like a lifetime politician.

that's what I implied.......what you believe shouldn't matter....therefore Mormon is a non-issue!!!

Nimnim

The Nim
I could care less about his faith...where is the economy going? At the end of the day I could care less if you are catholic because that does not put food on the table for my family. Biden will say whatever he can to keep some sort of power...spoken like a lifetime politician.

And that's kind what through me for a loop. Debate about the economy and foreign affairs, oh we're about out of time, abortion out of nowhere.

Felt like a setup really, though then again the left will accept Bidens answer without question, and the right will accept Ryans answer.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
You will all have your Theocracy soon enough.

I'm glad I'm old.

Of course, with Obamacare I could live another 40 years, so fight your Theocracy it is!

M

MenInBrown

You will all have your Theocracy soon enough.

I'm glad I'm old.

Of course, with Obamacare I could live another 40 years, so fight your Theocracy it is!

you mean 4 years at best...The death panel will write you off...GOOD LUCK! And safe travels "my friend"

UPS Lifer

I also like how he threw the Intelligence community under the bus by them not knowing that Libya was a terrorist attack. (Which was a lie) Then when it came to Iran getting a nuke...this poorest intelligence community knows for a fact that they dont have a weapon to carry a nuke? How can you throw them under the bus, but when it came to Iran, you know that they would have the intelligence about them not having a weapon. But we have heard the blame game for everything. Ignorance is not an excuse when dealing with American lives. This administration is no more then a bunch of ignorant, lazy, and unpatriotic americans.

Ryan missed a chance to come back at Joe when they were discussing Iran. He could have said this: If you didn't know that the attack on our Libya consulate was a terrorist attack on 9/11/12 and it took you more than a week to get your story correct about that, ...how can the American pubic have any confidence in your assessment of how much fissile material the Iranians have on hand? Apparently your intelligence community is incompetent or is it just the administration that ignores all intel to make it look like their middle east policy has not failed so you can get through this election with a win instead of caring about the security of the United States?????

Based on the last debate, Mitt won't let that opportunity slip by! Joe can get away with looking like a total goofball but the other one can't.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's tough to argue with dementia.......Ryan letting the old man go on was politeness and tolerance to the max !!
I know who won that debate.

BrownArmy

I know who won that debate.

No one 'won' that debate...

Both sides stuck to their playbook and represented their parties and put out their 'messages' to their constituencies.

We'll see if the next Presidential debate changes any meters...it's town-hall style, so both Obama and Romney will have to answer questions from live citizens. Not sure if that format favors one candidate or another, but as far as I'm concerned, this whole thing is basically just theater.

So, the most bestest, most awesomest country in the world, will choose the next leader much like they choose the winner of American Idol.

Real, real sad.

wkmac

Both sides stuck to their playbook and represented their parties and put out their 'messages' to their constituencies.

We'll see if the next Presidential debate changes any meters...it's town-hall style, so both Obama and Romney will have to answer questions from live citizens. Not sure if that format favors one candidate or another, but as far as I'm concerned, this whole thing is basically just theater.

So, the most bestest, most awesomest country in the world, will choose the next leader much like they choose the winner of American Idol.

Real, real sad.

Ultimately I know who the real losers are and they are represented in the people who post here.

With every election, the American people only lose further and further regardless of the election outcome!

moreluck

golden ticket member

Real, real sad.
This means that you think Biden behaved OK. No woman in America thinks so
and most have known (and dumped) guys like Biden behaved as.
No party, jst women.

BrownArmy

For what it's worth, I think Biden really was just being Biden.

Biden's exactly who you think he is, and in that regard, he didn't disappoint.

Upstate, I'm not sure Biden has any reason to respect Paul Ryan, do you?

In any case, Biden was out there to mobilize the Democratic base, in which case he completed his mission.

As far as Ryan's mission, it was basically not to screw up. Mission accomplished.

I thought Ryan held his own, though it was curious to me that he was using several talking points (abortion, Medicare) that don't actually jive with his running-mate's positions, but, nevertheless: mission accomplished, i.e. mobilize the base.

It's theater. And watching that bit of theater, I can tell you that I was a lot more distracted by Ryan's water intake than I was by Biden's smirks and groans.

And so it goes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Any talk of dementia is foolish---Biden simply did not respect Ryan and acted accordingly.
Your opinion doesn't surprise anybody. You'll never have dementia
in the upper New York area
Every 69 seconds a new case of dementia is diagnosed!! But it doesn't do that in New York. 1 n 6 women and 1 in 10 men will develop it, but it'll never be you. It's comes to smokers & drinkers more than people who do neither.
You can say it's ridiculous.........is it really? You need to observe better!!

BrownArmy

Ryan is the reason I will not vote for Romney.

Romney's the reason I won't vote for Romney, but Ryan sealed the deal.

Look for a Ryan-for-President campaign in 2016...if Romney loses this round, the GOP will kick him to the curb. If he can't win after running for President for almost a decade, they'll drop him and go with boy-wonder.

Ryan creeps me out way more than Romney creeps me out.

For all you Ryan fans out there, do a little research about his voting history.

He's a sycophant begging at the heels of the monied interests that control congress.

All of a sudden he's into fiscal responsibility?

Interesting to hear him explain away all his carte blanche votes during the 2nd Bush administration...

He's a player and a fake, but he looks real good on camera.

BrownArmy

Your opinion doesn't surprise anybody. You'll never have dementia
in the upper New York area
Every 69 seconds a new case of dementia is diagnosed!! But it doesn't do that in New York. 1 n 6 women and 1 in 10 men will develop it, but it'll never be you. It's comes to smokers & drinkers more than people who do neither.
You can say it's ridiculous.........is it really? You need to observe better!!

Wow.

In a tangential way, he was agreeing with you, yet you're bringing up dementia rates in NYC?

Totally off-topic and irrelevant, go back a few posts and familiarize yourself with this thread.

This means that you think Biden behaved OK. No woman in America thinks so
and most have known (and dumped) guys like Biden behaved as.
No party, jst women.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have no idea what you're talking about.