Vice Presidential Debate..... 2012.... "this one should be good"

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know, that the state I live in is already a blue state.....but I will still vote because Gov. moonbeam wants more $$$ and it's my job (my vote) that never passes the new taxes.
Don't you think it's amazing that such a liberal state nixed same sex marriage ?? The voters don;t like new taxes and messing with the constitution.

That train thing is dumb and voters will keep letting them know that!!

My vote counts in other ways, even though the electoral votes work differently.

UPS Lifer

For what it's worth, I think Biden really was just being Biden.

Biden's exactly who you think he is, and in that regard, he didn't disappoint.

Upstate, I'm not sure Biden has any reason to respect Paul Ryan, do you?

In any case, Biden was out there to mobilize the Democratic base, in which case he completed his mission.

As far as Ryan's mission, it was basically not to screw up. Mission accomplished.

I thought Ryan held his own, though it was curious to me that he was using several talking points (abortion, Medicare) that don't actually jive with his running-mate's positions, but, nevertheless: mission accomplished, i.e. mobilize the base.

It's theater. And watching that bit of theater, I can tell you that I was a lot more distracted by Ryan's water intake than I was by Biden's smirks and groans.

And so it goes.

I tend to agree with you but it did not play well especially to women or at least my wife!!! YIKES!!. After the debate, or should I say during the debate, my wife changed her whole view on Biden. She can't stand him now. I had a hard time watching the debate with her yelling at the TV!!!

Will that change her vote? - NO! Will it change anyone's vote? - I doubt it unless you are a woman who was undecided. You might be leaning a different way now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I tend to agree with you but it did not play well especially to women or at least my wife!!! YIKES!!. After the debate, or should I say during the debate, my wife changed her whole view on Biden. She can't stand him now. I had a hard time watching the debate with her yelling at the TV!!!

Will that change her vote? - NO! Will it change anyone's vote? - I doubt it unless you are a woman who was undecided. You might be leaning a different way now.
I like your wife, I yelled at the TV too......a lot of "Shut the hell up! "

Buddybrown

For what it's worth, I think Biden really was just being Biden. Biden's exactly who you think he is, and in that regard, he didn't disappoint.
Biden was rude and obnoxious. Laughing out loud when Ryan was speaking, smirking and the creepy smile. His old man antics and lies don't give the idea that he could handle anything beyond, well beyond just being "Joe"....---As far as Obama’s debate performance, well it was just Obama being Obama-----unprepared, aloof and the full expression of the empty suit that he is…---

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I know, that the state I live in is already a blue state.....but I will still vote because Gov. moonbeam wants more $$$ and it's my job (my vote) that never passes the new taxes.
Don't you think it's amazing that such a liberal state nixed same sex marriage ?? The voters don;t like new taxes and messing with the constitution.

That train thing is dumb and voters will keep letting them know that!!

My vote counts in other ways, even though the electoral votes work differently.

Seriously, youre just not the target patron for the train system. Sorry. The rest of the traveling californians cant wait.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Biden was rude and obnoxious. Laughing out loud when Ryan was speaking, smirking and the creepy smile. His old man antics and lies don't give the idea that he could handle anything beyond, well beyond just being "Joe"....---As far as Obama’s debate performance, well it was just Obama being Obama-----unprepared, aloof and the full expression of the empty suit that he is…---

Amazingly, your opinion is the same as the talking points for fox news and right wing radio. Isnt that odd???

NOT one of those outlets discussed the contents of what BIDEN said, only because they couldnt refute it, instead, collectively, they chose to go with "biden was rude, unprofessional, arrogant"......

Its all they had to offer seeing RYAN got owned in substance.

You simply repeat what you hear. HOW about refuting something biden said that YOU know personally to be false.

Peace

TOS

M

MenInBrown

He's lazy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Seriously, youre just not the target patron for the train system. Sorry. The rest of the traveling californians cant wait.

Peace

TOS
The initial segment is Madera to Bakersfield..........
I never hear anyone going to these destinations...................................our personal cars can get us to Bakersfield. I got lost in Bakersfield once.....that was the longest year of my life!!
That train will go really fast...empty!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The initial segment is Madera to Bakersfield..........
I never hear anyone going to these destinations...................................our personal cars can get us to Bakersfield. I got lost in Bakersfield once.....that was the longest year of my life!!
That train will go really fast...empty!!!

Again, the target audience for high speed rail are active, professional and adventurous californians. The rail system to vegas will clear thousands of cars from interstate 15 and save fuel. Just think, the blue hair buses to vegas will be put out to pasture once the rail system is in place.

Its an awesome project and the future looks bright for california!

Peace

TOS

beentheredonethat

Amazingly, your opinion is the same as the talking points for fox news and right wing radio. Isnt that odd???

NOT one of those outlets discussed the contents of what BIDEN said, only because they couldnt refute it, instead, collectively, they chose to go with "biden was rude, unprofessional, arrogant"......

Its all they had to offer seeing RYAN got owned in substance.

You simply repeat what you hear. HOW about refuting something biden said that YOU know personally to be false.

Peace

TOS

Isn't it possible a lot of people came to the same conclusion since it's true. By mid debate I was getting quite tired of the interruptions. I was also amazed that the moderator seemed to make it a 2 against one debate. The most interesting part I thought of debate was when Biden said no one told them they needed more security. That was utter BS... I also lost count how many times he said "This is a fact". Usually whenever anyone says it that much, it's just a lie. I wish Ryan was a bit harsher on Biden for interrupting him and for the moderator for the same reason.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Isn't it possible a lot of people came to the same conclusion since it's true. By mid debate I was getting quite tired of the interruptions. I was also amazed that the moderator seemed to make it a 2 against one debate. The most interesting part I thought of debate was when Biden said no one told them they needed more security. That was utter BS... I also lost count how many times he said "This is a fact". Usually whenever anyone says it that much, it's just a lie. I wish Ryan was a bit harsher on Biden for interrupting him and for the moderator for the same reason.

Did you miss the part where BIDEN called out RYAN asking him to look directly into the camera and tell americans making less than 250K that they wouldnt lose their mortgage deduction and other deductions???

RYAN sat there like a bump on a log, since he COULDNT. No moderator interference there.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What is interesting about "your" opinions on the debate, is the hypocrisy. At the Obama / Romney debate, ROMNEY was interupting both Obama and the moderator and never yielded to the two minute answer period, and instead, spoke over everyone despite being told to stop.

Romney forced his way into having the last word on all subjects, only to repeat the same line of rhetoric that he just said the first time he spoke. He never changed the verbage, just simply repeated it word for word.

Jim Lehrer couldnt control him.

Afterwards, you all said Romney took command, showed what a leader does.... blah blah blah...

But, when Biden did the same thing, you make fun of him. I am still waiting for any of you to refute anything he said.

I wont wait for Fox or Rush or right wing radio either, because they wont. They can only focus on biden. They cant POINT to ONE specific fact that RYAN said, mainly because he didnt have any.

I doubt if ANY of you could point to one specific FACT that RYAN said that you all could back up.

Give it a try though. It might be good for some laughs.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
What is interesting about "your" opinions on the debate, is the hypocrisy. At the Obama / Romney debate, ROMNEY was interupting both Obama and the moderator and never yielded to the two minute answer period, and instead, spoke over everyone despite being told to stop.

Romney forced his way into having the last word on all subjects, only to repeat the same line of rhetoric that he just said the first time he spoke. He never changed the verbage, just simply repeated it word for word.

Jim Lehrer couldnt control him.

Afterwards, you all said Romney took command, showed what a leader does.... blah blah blah...

But, when Biden did the same thing, you make fun of him. I am still waiting for any of you to refute anything he said.

I wont wait for Fox or Rush or right wing radio either, because they wont. They can only focus on biden. They cant POINT to ONE specific fact that RYAN said, mainly because he didnt have any.

I doubt if ANY of you could point to one specific FACT that RYAN said that you all could back up.

Give it a try though. It might be good for some laughs.

Peace

TOS
When all things are equal....they combatants can go for it. Dealing with Biden is a whole other story!!

The pres. gets extra time, nicer treatment because Jim Lehr is an idiot!! He didn't control anything. He was a lousy moderator and he should've stayed in retirement.
In the end.......the pres got more time as did Crazy Biden.

M

MenInBrown

Im amazed how much TOS knows about Rush and Fox News...I think we have a closet fan!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Im amazed how much TOS knows about Rush and Fox News...I think we have a closet fan!

Its amazing he has so much time after he listens to Rush, Hannity, and Fox news, and then studies the MSNBC idiots, and the Loony lefts news leaders Jon Stewart and Bill Maher. Where does he get the time? In between he checks out the Daily Kos and has Barrys back and Jock strap. Simply amazing!!!

upsgrunt

Its amazing he has so much time after he listens to Rush, Hannity, and Fox news, and then studies the MSNBC idiots, and the Loony lefts news leaders Jon Stewart and Bill Maher. Where does he get the time? In between he checks out the Daily Kos and has Barrys back and Jock strap. Simply amazing!!!

You forgot about the "hundreds" of motorcycle trips, the three homes, and the off site boarded horses AFTER his 60 hour UPS week, and THEN his time on here.
Kinda makes you wonder.