violation of new dot requirments

Buck Fifty

I guess I have too much pride and self respect to grieve something that only happened because I broke the law.
I don't see how you could look your center manager in the eye as you handed him the grievance.

​Now I'd love to know if the OP files. Bet he doesn't.

I would look at him the same way he looks at you while he feeds you a bunch of ****. I suggest the OP do the same and file. No exceptions !

CoolArrow

You guys gotta re-read the OP. There WAS NO discipline. You want to grieve that he called you at home??? After you just costed the company a thousand dollar fine?

Walk in the office. Apologize and say it won't happen again. Everything ends right there.

If you write me up for not taking my lunch then I am calling DOT and telling them that half the drivers in the center are recording breaks that they are actually working through with the full knowledge of management. This thing is going to come to a head and it going to come from a driver who gets disciplined for skipping lunch because he wanted to get off early while so many are doing the same but falsely reporting a lunch they never took. A few calls to DOT and some people will be getting fired for dishonesty, management and drivers alike.

iruhnman630

It will all be a moot point come peak season, when the new laws suddenly 'don't really apply to package car drivers', so no need to accommodate the new laws when dispatching 13 hour dispatches and coordinating helpers.