Virtual Time Study

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My dispatch sup told me one day I had to write my "excuse" of why I was over/under on this clipboard at the end of the day. I had never noticed nor cared before about that stuff. End of the day came and I was .5 over. I had, also, taken 20 stops off another driver at the end of the day. Stops that I would normally have had on that particular day(Avon day). I wrote on that clipboard that my excuse was bad dispatch. Big surprise the next morning, I was hauled into the office by the dispatcher. I told the center manager that I will not change my "excuse", as that is what occurred. First and last time I wrote on that clipboard.

I would have taken that clipboard up to the break room and spent an hour or two writing a book of excuses and comments and opinions regarding my overallowed hours. If you think I am long-winded when I post here on Brown Cafe, just try to imagine the volumes of verbiage that I could spew forth if I was told to do so while I was on the clock. I get excited just thinking about it!

old levi's

blank space
I would have taken that clipboard up to the break room and spent an hour or two writing a book of excuses and comments and opinions regarding my overallowed hours. If you think I am long-winded when I post here on Brown Cafe, just try to imagine the volumes of verbiage that I could spew forth if I was told to do so while I was on the clock. I get excited just thinking about it!

No chubbies in the break room, please!

bigblu 2 you

i would do the same,only in crayon and child like jibberish.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
He was there for some sort of meeting, although he did mention Kraft at the PCM yesterday morning.

menotyou, it is called staying under the radar--you might try it sometime.

No, it's called staying off the radar.
telling others how to live their lives and handle their problems...good try though.

brownelf

To get back to OP, Doing the job by the book is important in order to get a fair timestudy. Carry your DIAD with you to the delivery point and stop complete there, the distance is between you and where the truck is parked is a factor so don't cheat yourself by stop completing back at the truck.

thessalonian13

Well the results have kicked in from our virtual time study. I went from running 1 to 1.5 hours over to .25 over. I have 12-18 less stops a day. Question is, how long before Hoffa takes the credit for the new "numbers" and will it last? Most of the routes in my center now run at scratch or below. I'm thinking this want go unnoticed and adjustments made.
All they care about is stops per car... It does not matter how heavy you are.... They want to put only a certain amount of trucks out on the road, send the rest of the drivers home, and the rest of us work till 830pm. That's how it works in our center.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All they care about is stops per car... It does not matter how heavy you are.... They want to put only a certain amount of trucks out on the road, send the rest of the drivers home, and the rest of us work till 830pm. That's how it works in our center.

+1

The results of the "timestudy" will be manipulated to justify the number of routes that they have already decided to dispatch in the first place.

packageguy

Don't worry about their numbers, worry about doing your job safely and by the methods the best you can. Everything else is someone else's problem.
Listen to this man, he is 100% right on, take your lunch, pre trip, post trip, sign the dvir book, p.s. hold the hand rail. You give the nothing te have nothing.