Visible tattoo's

satellitedriver

Appearance my ass.....again i am heavily tattoo'd and all in good taste nothing profound at all.
.i am also a volunteer fireman/ e.m.t. On one of my first calls i went to a call of a 40 something yr old fem with extreme abdominal pain . As i was rendering care she has the audasity to ask when the real medics were going to arrive...
.i explained i was it.
.the woman turns and says but , but , but you cant be an e.m.t. When i asked her why she stated i had too many tattoo's i just laughed and said mrs. Your husband over there has just as many tattoo's as i do .
Her answer yeah thats okay because he's a cop.
So i along with her husband explained to her she had 2 choices.
1 ride in my ambulance 10 minutes to the hospital,
Or
2 wait until you feel well enough to drive yourself, because your husband was too busy watching a sporting event to worry about your whining.
.and by the way it was her own cooking that got her sick..
And she took option 1
Big difference in saving someones life and showing up on their doorstep unannounced with a package in your hand,
this is were looking professional comes into play. IMHO

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Do you ever just think that maybe if you didn't have those tattoos, you wouldn't have to worry about all of this? And do you ever wish you could go back in time and not add the ink? Just curious.

chev

Nightcrawler
I just want a neatly trimmed 1/4 inch goatee. Is that too much to ask? :happy-very:
Never liked the full beard myself. Too itchy.
Yeah yeah yeah. I know. Too hard to define what is and is not acceptable. Hell, God put it there to grow. Not cut. Screw the uptight poopie heads. :laughing:
(chev needs sleep now)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just want a neatly trimmed 1/4 inch goatee. Is that too much to ask? :happy-very:
Never liked the full beard myself. Too itchy.
Yeah yeah yeah. I know. Too hard to define what is and is not acceptable. Hell, God put it there to grow. Not cut. Screw the uptight poopie heads. :laughing:
(chev needs sleep now)

LOL, sounds like chev had a long night and was posting between long blinks. Oh and thanks for the answers, guys.

Last edited:

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Our policy is what separates us from the rest. Have you ever really paid attention to the fed-ex and dhl guys. The first thing is man to they look awful and second is I make three times as much as them. I don't agree with some of the company views on things but this is one policy I don't mind complying to. I have a tat on my rt calf and cover it up everyday with a band-aid.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just to clarify, it is the FedEx Ground guys that you are most likely referring to as most, if not all, of the Express employees present themselves and FedEx well. Now, DHL is another story altogether, a story that appears to be drawing to a close.

UpsguyDGAF

Dont trip. Just cover inside the building then on road do what you want. I travel alot and see tons of "visable ink" on drivers. Make up a new story every time your cought " oh I spilled coffee on my shirt, so I had to change it" there dumb and it will work, we all do it at our center all of us...

CRASH501

our policy is what separates us from the rest. Have you ever really paid attention to the fed-ex and dhl guys. The first thing is man to they look awful and second is i make three times as much as them. I don't agree with some of the company views on things but this is one policy i don't mind complying to. I have a tat on my rt calf and cover it up everyday with a band-aid.
.like i said heavily tattood a band aid or even a box of band aids just wont cut it.
I was hired in shorts and a collared shirt , tats very visible .
As far as im concerened im grandfathered in

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
as much as i like your political views, your asssumption of what is grandfathered in or not does not matter.

ups has the ability to address the dress code and change it if needed. a large number of visable tattoos will never be something they will allow. i dont care how good in taste they are.

you want to invest in art work, buy a painting. you want a job at ups, you gotta do what they tell you to do.

d

Big Babooba

We had an OMS at our center who always showed her thong and tramp stamp whenever she bent over or sat down. She made no effort to conceal them. Not one member of management ever complained.:winks:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had an OMS at our center who always showed her thong and tramp stamp whenever she bent over or sat down. She made no effort to conceal them. Not one member of management ever complained.:winks:

And I'm sure the guys at the loading dock down at the mill would love to have her deliver there every day. However, I wonder if she would garner the same reaction at a doctor's office or a lawyer's office.

Tramp stamp--I have a 70 yr old X-ray tech at a local ortho surgeon's office who used that term one day. I laughed my butt off.

over9five

Staff member

LOL! You must work here, we got one of them, too!

"No effort to conceal them"????? She made every effort to SHOW them!

smellthecoffee

smell the coffee
You sound really smart, having spent all that money trying to change the way you look and all. I think maybe you should start your own package delivery company and have your first policy be "HEY, IT'S OK IF YOU LOOK LIKE CRAP, WHO CARES WHAT THE CUSTOMERS THINK OF US!!!" Good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You sound really smart, having spent all that money trying to change the way you look and all. I think maybe you should start your own package delivery company and have your first policy be "HEY, IT'S OK IF YOU LOOK LIKE CRAP, WHO CARES WHAT THE CUSTOMERS THINK OF US!!!" Good luck.

Too late--the German Post Office already tried that (DHL) and that is coming to a close really soon.

busterbrownlady

Heres a great exampe of UPS promotions at its best...A couple of months ago UPS promotes a guy that has tats on both of his inside forearms...The man also has a DUI on his record...He was promoted as a on car supervisor...