Vision Insurance

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
My wife had lasik and still uses glasses for certain things like night driving. Plus your vision will probably continue to change as you age. We both thought that the lasik was going to be lifetime fix, but it's not so.

I used to get readers on my UPS insurance then had to pay for contacts, which I hated using. I just prefer the glasses for when I need them to read. I used the multifocal type contacts at work though and they were OK, even though they drove my eyes crazy with the dust and drying out constantly.

I don't have any vision coverage as of yet but have considered the Teamsters retiree vision plan. I just upgraded my readers at Costco (3 pr for $18), now that I'm no longer working in a PC where cheapos wouldn't fly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do they give you a choice on paying for the lens or the frames? I called and they told me up to $100 frames and the lens is 100% paid ... But coworkers said i would have to choose between frames or lens being paid

Yes. You can either chose a pair of frames from the "welfare rack" or you will receive a credit of up to $100 toward the frames of your choice.

You can also use the frames that you already have and update the lenses as needed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My wife had lasik and still uses glasses for certain things like night driving. Plus your vision will probably continue to change as you age. We both thought that the lasik was going to be lifetime fix, but it's not so.

I used to get readers on my UPS insurance then had to pay for contacts, which I hated using. I just prefer the glasses for when I need them to read. I used the multifocal type contacts at work though and they were OK, even though they drove my eyes crazy with the dust and drying out constantly.

I don't have any vision coverage as of yet but have considered the Teamsters retiree vision plan. I just upgraded my readers at Costco (3 pr for $18), now that I'm no longer working in a PC where cheapos wouldn't fly.

Lasik is NOT permanent. They tell you that upfront. You WILL have to go back for fine tuning on a periodic basis.

Future

Victory Ride
Yes. You can either chose a pair of frames from the "welfare rack" or you will receive a credit of up to $100 toward the frames of your choice.

You can also use the frames that you already have and update the lenses as needed.
LMAO ..."welfare rack" ....I usually get a pair off that ...then pay out of pocket for a better frame .....my place usually gives me a nice discount on the better second frame

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LMAO ..."welfare rack" ....I usually get a pair off that ...then pay out of pocket for a better frame .....my place usually gives me a nice discount on the better second frame

My daughter coined that phrase while perusing the limited selection our insurance paid for. When I told her that she was more than welcome to choose her own frames and pay the difference she was able to find a pair that she liked (and didn't have to pay for).

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
For those looking for a pair of wear around the house glasses or lose them a lot and need cheap sets, Zenni Optical online is a great place. You'll need your prescription and the pupil distance, both are available if you get an eye exam. I use Zenni to buy my glasses when my prescription changes as I wear contacts and use my insurance for that and pay out of pocket for the specks. I wear contacts out and about but in the house I slap on glasses after work.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ya our insurance seems way worse than it use to be. I use to get free contacts every year. Now it's 18 months i don't even get a full year supply :(
Costco has reasonable prices on contacts, I think we get credit to buy 6 months each for my daughter and wife, we go to Costco for the other 6. I use gas permeable so one set does me till my prescription changes.