Visiting Louisville

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 35years, Oct 5, 2016.

1. 35years

35years Active Member

Heading to Louisville (Kentucky Expo Center) in the spring. Since the Air Hub is in the immediate vicinity, I was wondering if there are any deals for UPS employees at the local hotels apart from the UPSers site.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Whenever I travel I will reserve online to get the best deal; however, if it is a last minute overnight trip, I will show both my UPS ID card and AAA card to get their discounted rate.

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Stay up around the West end. Might be some cheap crack houses around there. Just don't venture out of your room.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. 35years

35years Active Member

East it is then.

5. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Try the Crowne Plaza that is by the expo center. When I do overnight runs to SDFAS that's where UPS puts us up.

I think the weekend rate for UPS is in the mid $60 range so that's a number to shoot for when you call.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

$60/night at the Crowne Plaza? Do they put you on a cot in the janitor's closet?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  7. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

You ever been to Louisville on a weekend

8. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Some of the corporate discounts companies give out are insane.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

I have never been to Louisville.

10. 35years

35years Active Member

Not going during K Durby week but they are still completely booked up. All supply and demand. I believe the Crown Plaza wanted $285 per night while they still had rooms. Thanks for the tip though. I am probably going to have to book 20 minutes east for a decent room under $140 a night.