Volume: Day Before Thanksgiving

abc123

I'm leaving right from work to drive around 2 hours away to see family for Thanksgiving and have been wondering when our end time will be. Any estimates on what volume will be like today? For outgoing packages, not stuff that's being delivered today. I'm specifically wondering what it will be like on a large twi hub shift, but feel free to post about any shift/situation.

Also, Monday should be a pretty heavy day, hopefully us hub rats should get some nice overtime next week. PEAK 2010! (haha)

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the days off.

Edit: To clarify, I'm obviously not looking for specific numbers from my building, just what you all think based on experience.

ToledoTwi

Out here in Toledo, yesterday we averaged 170K per all 3 sorts. Today will probably be around 160K...Monday will be on average 225k. Even have 4 sunday sorts to eat out some of the volume.

abc123

Out here in Toledo, yesterday we averaged 170K per all 3 sorts. Today will probably be around 160K...Monday will be on average 225k. Even have 4 sunday sorts to eat out some of the volume.

Yeah, they've been asking everyday for volunteers for Sunday.

Today we ran 1.9 million pieces which three years ago was our volume on peak day so I believe those that forcast our numbers were just a bit off.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm leaving right from work to drive around 2 hours away to see family for Thanksgiving and have been wondering when our end time will be. Any estimates on what volume will be like today? For outgoing packages, not stuff that's being delivered today. I'm specifically wondering what it will be like on a large twi hub shift, but feel free to post about any shift/situation.

Also, Monday should be a pretty heavy day, hopefully us hub rats should get some nice overtime next week. PEAK 2010! (haha)

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the days off.

Edit: To clarify, I'm obviously not looking for specific numbers from my building, just what you all think based on experience.

Could just leave in the morning. No pressure.

Chnandler Bong

I worked 12 1/2 hours on the day BEFORE Thanksgiving (as a driver). However, I think that it's more of a case of preload sup incompetence than anything else. This is his first peak at our building and he's clueless. Other than that, I can't tell a difference between this years volume and last...

rod

Retired 22 years
Anybody off this Wednesday?

If UPS still operates like they used to as soon as the trucks leave the barn in Wednesday morning you can kiss management good-bye for the long weekend---------------all of them except for one lonely part time preload sup who all of a sudden is in charge of everything---------------but isn't allowed to make any changes or decisions. This is nothing new---the same thing happens every Friday.

I'm off.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
If UPS still operates like they used to as soon as the trucks leave the barn in Wednesday morning you can kiss management good-bye for the long weekend---------------all of them except for one lonely part time preload sup who all of a sudden is in charge of everything---------------but isn't allowed to make any changes or decisions. This is nothing new---the same thing happens every Friday.

I'm off.

Sounds like my hub.