Volume shift

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've been noticing some of my account volume diminishing and seemingly go to FedEx ground. I'm sure they are throwing the "UPS is going to strike come 8/1. It would be wise to switch now to purple so you're not stuck when they do." And our recent 7% rate increase surely doesn't help. Is anyone else noticing this shift in volume?

And I'm sure any internet savvy customer can browse the likes of Facebook and other communities/social media and see all the "Vote No" campaigns. It surely doesn't help the customers desire to stay with us.

If this TA is voted down our volume is going to plummet. Routes will cut out even more and workers will be laid off. It might not be what people want to hear but it's what's going to happen. All those no voter will be on here crying because their route will be cut or they won't be working.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nope volume is up here and FedEx raises their rates too so that's got nothing to do with it.

Maybe they don't like their ups man....:)

balland chain

If this TA is voted down our volume is going to plummet. Routes will cut out even more and workers will be laid off. It might not be what people want to hear but it's what's going to happen. All those no voter will be on here crying because their route will be cut or they won't be working.

That sound just like what one of my former sups told me back in 97...I have never missed a work day or been sent back to part time work since 1987...

That sound just like what one of my former sups told me back in 97...I have never missed a work day or been sent back to part time work since 1987...
It's a way difference world we live in now since 1997 O B I Wan Kenobi. It's easy to have a bunch of angry people on a message board support you in a lynch mob mentality it's the flavor of the month. I like how you through in that I sound like a sup back in 1997. It's a different world now. I hope we don't have to see who's right.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I've been noticing some of my account volume diminishing and seemingly go to FedEx ground. I'm sure they are throwing the "UPS is going to strike come 8/1. It would be wise to switch now to purple so you're not stuck when they do." And our recent 7% rate increase surely doesn't help. Is anyone else noticing this shift in volume?

And I'm sure any internet savvy customer can browse the likes of Facebook and other communities/social media and see all the "Vote No" campaigns. It surely doesn't help the customers desire to stay with us.
I have 12 pick up stops and usually will pick up around 25 parcels a day. Kind of hard for me to notice any shifts in volume.:happy-very:

oldupsman

Volume will not plummet if the TA gets voted down. No one will get laid off. If the TA gets voted down the no voters will be happy.
Then UPS and the IBT will fix the problem. Because they will be scared out of their wits.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
volume is WAYYY up at our center . I am running at least 10 stops(often more than 20) a day more than I ran June of last year and am working 5-10 more hours a week more than last June. if the TA is voted down volume will plummett and i will be working 60 hours a week running 3 combined routes while low seniority employees are laid off

oldupsman

volume is WAYYY up at our center . I am running at least 10 stops(often more than 20) a day more than I ran June of last year and am working 5-10 more hours a week more than last June. if the TA is voted down volume will plummett and i will be working 60 hours a week running 3 combined routes while low seniority employees are laid off

Repeat after me. There is no wolf. The sky is not falling. Volume will not plummet. No one will get laid off.
The last one just cracks me up. In 32 years I never saw anybody get laid off at UPS. And it's not gonna happen now either.