Volume up from..

Overpaid Union Thug

Sure post has gotten ridiculous here. It's to the point the bid route guys can't do it. It's just too much. One day I took a truck that was blown out with 450-500 pieces. That was two stops.
Our local has buildings that use a feeder driver to deliver SurePost. The work is part of a CPU/Delivery run. Sometimes a partial run. Meaning....they spend part of their day in a tractor and the rest in package.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've read it and re-read it. The language simply won't produce the amount of work that some thinks it will. Some heavy resi areas might see a decent spike in volume but not enough to get too excited about. Adding even just one route would be a plus but our cubical dwelling metrics slaves are very good at figuring out a way to bust up one route and make sure the work is absorbed by the rest and pretending like it never existed.

The negotiators (union side of course) should have firmly pressed for dimensions LESS than three cubic feet instead of greater than to determine whether or not they are retained from SurePost. How small? I don't know but demanding anything that is classified as a small might have been a stretch but hey.......it's supposed to be our work. The only thing we can all shoot for now is making sure that we are getting what is supposed to be held from SurePost.
I'm sorry but why do you think ups is hiring drivers like mad? They know how much work it's going to add.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm sorry but why do you think ups is hiring drivers like mad? They know how much work it's going to add.

It has little or nothing to do with SurePost. It has everything to do with last year's Christmas failure and Amazon. Yes, SurePost volume will be up for peak but so will everyone else's. The new SurePost language will be nothing more than a dent in the volume that we have to leave at USPS docks.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It has little or nothing to do with SurePost. It has everything to do with last year's Christmas failure and Amazon. Yes, SurePost volume will be up for peak but so will everyone else's. The new SurePost language will be nothing more than a dent in the volume that we have to leave at USPS docks.
I wouldn't be surprised if they divert even more surepost to USPS during peak to make sure they hit their numbers. I'm sure they'd rather lose a grievance than screw up another peak.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I wouldn't be surprised if they divert even more surepost to USPS during peak to make sure they hit their numbers. I'm sure they'd rather lose a grievance than screw up another peak.
ups is not hiring thousands of full time employees to cover 50 days worth of high volume.

Sorry just not happening. A multi billion dollar company doesn't waste millions in pension and healthcare contributions for a month and a half of high volume.