volume weird

Is anyone else's volume weird lately? They keep telling us they've been getting unexpected volume for the last few weeks so on Tuesday and Wednesday with all the routes in, we've been getting like 30 stops more each than usual. Yesterday they said we had 4,000 more pieces than forecast in our center.
Wait till the new contract is in effect and we get all that extra surepost.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Yep. We had guys go out with peak season loads today. We are swamped if you don't have an 8.0 plan on getting off around 8pm.

We are putting in more routes and hiring drivers. It's still nowhere near enough. Welcome to ecommerce folks. It's only going to grow ups better pick it up and get ahead of the game or Xmas next year will be a much bigger disaster than this year
I did 71 stops today. 66 on Monday

Overpaid Union Thug

Our district is hiring drivers like crazy but they can't keep up and it's 100% their fault. People can't get trained fast enough and put on the road if they are waiting months for a driving class that is halfway across the country. Just train them here for Christ's sake! Freakin morons.

Our Postmster said during Christmas that UPS has the option of delivering sure post packages if they want. Does this rule apply throughout the year? curious to know because rural carriers are on an evaluated pay system. We do not get paid hourly.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Our Postmster said during Christmas that UPS has the option of delivering sure post packages if they want. Does this rule apply throughout the year? curious to know because rural carriers are on an evaluated pay system. We do not get paid hourly.

Be honest, you don't like having to get out of the jeep, do you?

Sent using a Potato

[quote"Just a mail lady!, post: 1294218, member: 52387"]Do they tell you to deliver them at certain times during the year? We think it is a big conspiracy.[/quote]
No....It goes by what the computer says.....if I have another package going to that address I deliver the surepost also if I have a package (not surepost) going to a near by address...then I will deliver the surepost....sorry hope I didnt make that to confusing

10 point

Do they tell you to deliver them at certain times during the year? We think it is a big conspiracy.
We have several stops every day that ups drivers deliver only surepost packages by themselves (with no other pkgs but
surepost) and when this was brought to management's attention they told the drivers that ups has to pay the P.O. $1.50 per package when we deliver them ourselves.

We do it all year long and more at holiday time. A lot more

I think it is UPS's backup plan in case you strike and USPS's plan to decrease our pay.
We just held a mail count. They counted every letter and package we touched for two weeks, plugged the figures in formulas and this is what we are paid for the rest of the year. Packages disappear during this time and then reappear thereafter. I will have to say I seen more disappear from FedEx this time though.

We have several stops every day that ups drivers deliver only surepost packages by themselves (with no other pkgs but
surepost) and when this was brought to management's attention they told the drivers that ups has to pay the P.O. $1.50 per package when we deliver them ourselves.

We do it all year long and more at holiday time. A lot more
I just bet USPS does hold you to that fee when it benefits them. The only time we receive any pay hourly is a couple weeks before Christmas. this is our guarantee period in which we are paid for the hours we actually work. The packages fell off from what we were delivering from you guys after black Friday.