volume weird

I just bet USPS does hold you to that fee when it benefits them. The only time we receive any pay hourly is a couple weeks before Christmas. this is our guarantee period in which we are paid for the hours we actually work. The packages fell off from what we were delivering from you guys after black Friday.
Our theory on it is during our guarantee period and during mailcount they push the packages your way.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had 23 stops in an area I have never delivered in 29.5 years, I got done at 8:10.
Hello it is not peak. we are shot, and Im ready to check out.
IDGAS about my 30 yr plaque, tho it would be nice to prove where I spent half my life.
Im about done, fired or quit I doubt I will make it to Sept or beyond. It is not worth it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Man, you're gonna LOVE Orion.

Sent using a Potato
Orion...lol. Having a craptacular loader already makes for a long day....but UPS is really tacking drivers' balls to the wall...orion puts you guys totally at the mercy of load quality. Reminds me of the brief convo I had with the Orion lady a few weeks ago. I asked...if it's 11am and their board says deliver package with HIN 8100...which the driver can't get to cuz the truck is stacked out, what happens? Well they're told if they can't find it, just move on to the next stop. Yes, but don't they still have to go back later on in the day...how are you "saving" miles?? Oh....well that's true (and she walks away). What do I know...I'm just an overpaid package monkey....lmao

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Everybody is beat down and injured.

Those of us who get a full night's sleep are doing just fine.

To the OP----the new contract addresses changes in Surepost. If a consignee has 3 or more Surepost packages or has one regular and one or more Surepost these will all be diverted back to us for delivery. If a neighbor has a Surepost we will keep that one as well.

upschuck

For the PO to receive package it has to be less than 3 cubic ft and less than 10 lbs per new contract whenever that gets settled.
Section 4 – Surepost

1) In order to retain existing commercial customers that are solicited by a competitor offering services similar to those described herein, or to attract new commercial customers, the Company may offer service contracts that include the delivery of packages by the USPS. Packages eligible for such delivery will normally be less than ten (10) pounds in weight and less than three (3) cubic feet in size, in accordance with paragraph (2) below. Further, UPS agrees that the Surepost will not be presented as a general service offering. This service will only be offered for shipping from a business to a residential customer. The Company agrees that it will not use Surepost as a basis to diminish the size of the bargaining unit.

jedi_243

For the PO to receive package it has to be less than 3 cubic ft and less than 10 lbs per new contract whenever that gets settled.

if i have a package going to any house in same area the company says it will redirect the sure post package/packages to the brown car :bsbullf: i see many grievances in the future over this

upschuck

What I don't get is why UPS request $3.50 upgrade fee to have it sent to counter. We would already getting the extra $1.50 that it would of given the PO, and takes little extra effort to get to counter.

I think it is controlled before it even gets to your station. All year we deliver these packages but when we have a mail count there are a lot less dropped off. mail count determines our pay. It would be similar to having a supervisor ride with you guys and determining your salary off that one day. Only rural mail carriers are paid this way. City carriers are paid by the hour.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think it is controlled before it even gets to your station. All year we deliver these packages but when we have a mail count there are a lot less dropped off. mail count determines our pay. It would be similar to having a supervisor ride with you guys and determining your salary off that one day. Only rural mail carriers are paid this way. City carriers are paid by the hour.

This is also not true.