Voluntary Ignore List

upschuck

Dunkin Donuts Cream and Jelly filled much better. Not a big KK guy, those have empty calories, with jelly filled, you get fruit, so they are much better for you.:biggrin:

slingblade

Got me a like too, reckon I'll be talking to the front of his back.
I'm not sure it is really that simple.
This isn't her living room, it's her place of business.
A business that has grown leaps and bounds since I joined in 2008 due to the participation of the members who come here.
These members/employees whose only compensation is being able to participate.
A kin to reality TV, it seems to me that the tension and friction here has helped build this site and increase its membership as well lure the lurkers who come to just read the variety of threads available.
I find it hard to characterize this site as an extension of anybodies home or that it is like a public library.
That being said, I fully understand the need for the TOS and have accepted it while paying the price when I violate.

Maybe she sellin Tupperware in that living room?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't know. I've always thought that I'd say in person anything id type here because most actual fights never happen anyway and the most of the ones that do are a bunch of bluster and little real action. Besides, could you imagine the court scene when the judge at the assault trial hears that the defendant went on the attack because somebody said mean things to them?
OK ... it's obvious you are not from the South.
Don't try that down here.
Many real rural Southerners don't make much distinction between verbal attack and physical attack. Heard the same about out West.

I remember a District Manager that came down from the North with that attitude and went to one of our rural centers down in South Georgia. He liked to talk smack and on his way back to Atlanta he got a couple of bullets put into his car. I always wondered if UPS paid for the damage to his car. Driver suspect was never prosecuted or fired but he was watched continuously and eventually screwed up on something else and Union did not back him.
Also, I don't think that District Manager ever went back to that center and a couple of years after that, south Georgia went into the North Florida district.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
In case anyone is interested, if you post in this thread and I do not give you a Lucky Charm reply, you are on my ignore list.
Doesn't this take some of the interesting out of BC for you though? Drama gives life depth. (I've got nothing...I can think of more than a few I'm gonna drop in the ol' ignore list...)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Doesn't this take some of the interesting out of BC for you though? Drama gives life depth. (I've got nothing...I can think of more than a few I'm gonna drop in the ol' ignore list...)
I teach photography and I am the President of a Photography Club, and I judge competitions and I work with disadvantaged students in Middle and High School so I don't need the drama.

I mostly eliminated members whose posts I consistently noticed were of no interest to me and just using up my time.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I came to BC to get information about my new employer in 2007. Got a lot of great information here.

I continued to come to Brown to discuss issues that arise at Brown and to share war stories.

I enjoyed most of my time here at BC.

I give my wife a hard time for watching the Kardashians and unfortunately at this point in time BC is more like watching an episode of The Kardashians then anything else. I am not leaving BC, may still post now and again, but it is no longer my go to website.

Hey kingOFchester good post!

There's way too much drama and a lot of nuisance based posting on here, especially lately. Didn't always used to be that way.

You know when Cheryl created this website back in 1999 it was with the purpose of helping those like you get information, blow off steam and share stories with other UPSers from all over. The actual tag line for the website is, UPS INFO FOR UPSERS.

It seems to me that there are some on here that take their self importance in such a way that most of what they post are insults, attacks, and worthless and demeaning things... What value does that have except for the few that enjoy that kind of stuff?

We do have at least one thread where you can go to post, "Meaningless Fluff". Of course the attacks and insults are not welcome anywhere.

All I'm saying is that this website can be the valuable source of information like it was intended to be or it can be the the drama infested, complaining, whining and sometimes destructive place it has become more recently...

Personally, I read a lot of stuff and don't post very often but I'm really feeling the need to delete more posts that just are not of any value...

rod

Retired 22 years
Hey kingOFchester good post!

There's way too much drama and a lot of nuisance based posting on here, especially lately. Didn't always used to be that way.

You know when Cheryl created this website back in 1999 it was with the purpose of helping those like you get information, blow off steam and share stories with other UPSers from all over. The actual tag line for the website is, UPS INFO FOR UPSERS.
It seems to me that there are some on here that take their self importance in such a way that most of what they post are insults, attacks, and worthless and demeaning things... What value does that have except for the few that enjoy that kind of stuff?

We do have at least one thread where you can go to post, "Meaningless Fluff". Of course the attacks and insults are not welcome anywhere.

All I'm saying is that this website can be the valuable source of information like it was intended to be or it can be the the drama infested, complaining, whining and sometimes destructive place it has become more recently...

Personally, I read a lot of stuff and don't post very often but I'm really feeling the need to delete more posts that just are not of any value...

Then they started letting them damn retired UPSers and those Fedex dudes post and things went to hell

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
How come you can ignore members but we can't ignore moderators that we want to ignore?

2 things I'd like to know

1) Why would a moderator of a busy forum like Browncafe even say he puts people on ignore when his primary existence on this site is to watch posts and posters. Just not getting it. You either do or you don't.

2) Where did that thread go I was reading today and why would it just vanish into thin air instead of being locked ?

rod

Retired 22 years

1) Why would a moderator of a busy forum like Browncafe even say he puts people on ignore when his primary existence on this site is to watch posts and posters. Just not getting it. You either do or you don't.

2) Where did that thread go I was reading today and why would it just vanish into thin air instead of being locked ?

This place is looking like the "Twilight Zone" lately.

wayfair

swollen member

with power, you get power trips...

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Like you said, "You either do or you don't."

Being a Mod is not even remotely my primary existence on Brown Cafe.
I don't watch posts and posters for Moderation purposes.
A member reports and I moderate if deemed necessary.

Last edited: