Vote Count

We might see a 30% to 50% (21,000 to 35,000) increase from last contract. I think it's going to be a no vote. I also think we will not see a 2:1 on this one. To many people are pissed. Will see if it helps.
A lot of people were......Pissed.....But Obama still got into office...........Lets see who talks and who votes!!!I just hope its not the 47%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ups clerk

Depends. If it fails what is it going to take to get the members to vote yes? My guess is that it would not be resolved by July 31 and we would continue to work under the current contact until we could get it resolved.
If it fails, they will tweak a few things but keep most of the TA in tact. However, they will then offer a signing bonus...because both Union and company want this contract passed in the worst way and so they will bribe us. If we don't meet the deadline of Aug 1, we will simply continue working without a contract. I guarantee you we will NOT go on strike mainly because the Teamsters won't sanction it. I would love it if it failed to pass just to see the looks on the faces of both Teamsters and company. Having said that, it will pass because people follow like sheep. Yeah they said they will vote no but in reality they will vote yes. In my 36 years at UPS, I have yet to see a contract not pass, with the exception of the '97 contract which would have failed if we had voted on it.