Vote NO ASAP DEADLINE IS THURSDAY JUNE 20

revitup

The more no votes the better,we need to send a clear message .

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tomorrow is your last chance to spread the word.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Spoken like a real rank-and-file Teamster. The hell with every sell-out bureaucrat and their pro-UPS management cronies in it only for themselves.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Fair enough. Feel free to use perspective to help sway folks. Name calling because it may or may not get voted in is ridiculous. It's a democratic process, it's not perfect, it is what it is. It's damn ridiculous to get shelled for voting for something that benefits their family. I voted no. I don't begrudge anyone who voted yes, because (GASP) people are in different points of their careers and life. I'm ok with being gung ho because it's a poor contract for pters, but the name calling, threats, and fear mongering really truly show what your character truly is. Before you get pissed and start name calling, do yourself a solid since this is a forum and you have no excuse whatsoever to not take a moment to read your post, look to see if you're being a tool/troll.

ogrelord

Ground Down

But why vote NO?

How about : Vote No because this contract doesn't enforce the 9.5 rule, Or Vote No cause we're still waiting on the 22.3 jobs, Or vote no beacause the changes to health care: or Vote no because no changes in harassment: Vote No because part timers need more then .50 more. Vote No because your raise won't cover your deductible . I would hope nobody is swayed because a guy with 2 post says "vote no", Give these people a reason to vote no and some might. To tell them to vote no with out a reason for the vote, might drive them away.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you are on the west coast, ITS TOO LATE to bother unless you are going to next day air your ballots. Time in transit from the west back to the Teamsters is 5 days. If you havent mailed it already, then you just wasted your vote no matter what it was.

Peace

TOS

revitup

Just wanted to remind teamsters to mail ballot before it's too late.
I agree with all your reasons to vote no!!!!! With all the yes(sups) voters on here and they can't come up with one reason to vote yes.
I just tell my fellow teamsters the facts,works every time. peace out

revitup

Fair enough. Feel free to use perspective to help sway folks. Name calling because it may or may not get voted in is ridiculous. It's a democratic process, it's not perfect, it is what it is. It's damn ridiculous to get shelled for voting for something that benefits their family. I voted no. I don't begrudge anyone who voted yes, because (GASP) people are in different points of their careers and life. I'm ok with being gung ho because it's a poor contract for pters, but the name calling, threats, and fear mongering really truly show what your character truly is. Before you get pissed and start name calling, do yourself a solid since this is a forum and you have no excuse whatsoever to not take a moment to read your post, look to see if you're being a tool/troll.

Wow, were did this all come from name calling really? maybe you should read my post again... I only want the best for all of us. ps contract is bad for all upsers full and part, peace!!

40 and out

Not for us. We have til the 26th to get the ballots in. Wonder if they're gonna count everyone else's ballots before ours or not count any of them til after the 26th.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The ballots are counted separately by regions and locals order.

In 2007 the Southern Supplement was the first to be counted followed by the:

Western Supplement

Northern California Supplement

Central Pennsylvania Supplement

Local 177 Supplement

Local 804 Supplement

Atlantic Supplement

Local 623 Supplement

Metro Philly Supplement

New England Supplement

Upstate New York Supplement

Western Pennsylvania Supplement

Local 926 Supplement

Central Region Supplement

Local 901 Supplement

UPS Cartage Services, Inc. Supplement

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, were did this all come from name calling really? maybe you should read my post again... I only want the best for all of us. ps contract is bad for all upsers full and part, peace!!

The contract is not bad for all upsers and I personally think those of you going in to a company health plan are overreacting.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The contract is not bad for all upsers and I personally think those of you going in to a company health plan are overreacting.

Explain to me how this is overreacting?

Are you aware of what you will be paying when you get into the TEAMCARE Plan?

Your deductible will go from being $0 today to $400 with this TEAMCARE.

Your prescription medication that you pay $5 for today, will be $50 under TEAMCARE.

If you have a baby, need to go to the emergency room or have any type of surgery your tab is covered completely, under TEAMCARE you will pay 20% of the tab.

Under the current healthcare retirees pay $50 a month, under TEAMCARE they will pay $300.

Under the company plan you get to retire after your Golden 80 with full benefits. (I for example was planning to retire at age 48 with full benefits).

Under TEAMCARE I wont be able to retire at 48 because I won't be able to receive health benefits until I'm 55 and get kicked out automatically at 65.

If you die, your spouse is only covered for three years and then she's cut off.

Under the company plan your children get healthcare coverage if your retired, under TEAMCARE they don't get healthcare insurance if your retired, regardless of their age.

Now let me ask you this, what is so good about this TA?

If we give in now, because our union sold us out I can just imagine what we're gonna get in the next 2018 contract.

Can you really trust the Teamsters running your health-care? NO!

upswife75

Sorry Hoffa SUX, but this is blatant misinformation. I am on the CS plan and have been for several years. Your Teamcare plan through CS will be better than mine and at no point have I EVER paid $50 for a prescription, and we have SEVERAL in this house on a monthly basis. My son has 4 different meds that he takes regularly that all together, for a 3 month supply doesn't cost me $50 for refills. The most expensive RX I have is my birth control, which, for 3 months, I believe, costs me around $27. A little more than $5, sure, but certainly not $50. There was one med that I didn't fill for migraines a few years back, that because there was no generic for and was still very new, would have cost more, so I didn't fill it and got the doctor to prescribe something else. Very few people will run into that type of scenario.

As for the deductible, that $400 is for an entire family. That means that if a family of say 5, like mine, between the 5 of them, contribute $400 to the deductible, it's met for ALL of them. On the other hand, if it was just the $200/person, it would cost us $1000 to meet the deductible for everyone individually. Again, not as big a deal as you are making it out to be.

My daughter had her appendix removed a few years ago. Hospital bill was somewhere around $18k. We paid ZERO. My husband had surgery twice last year, each time with a hospital bill around $17k. He paid $100 for each and $20 each time to the surgeon. I had surgery 2 weeks ago. Not sure of the bill yet, but I paid $100 to the hospital and $20 to the surgeon. I can only assume it will be similar to my husband's. Maybe a tiny bit more, since I had a reaction to the morphine which required a bit more care. So again, your claim of paying 20% isn't true. We don't pay a penny for labs or radiology. We don't pay a penny for dental, unless it's something off the wall that insurances in general don't cover. When my son had a root canal we paid $14 for the stupid little rubber dam that goes around the tooth. That was it, out of a $1200ish bill.

The rest I can't speak to, as I am not sure of those things.

Last edited:

bluehdmc

We're going from a defined benefit company health plan to a defined contribution teamster run health plan. The difference in the level of benefits proposed is not that great.

What I see as a bigger concern is, considering a 5 year contract, that 2 or 3 years down the road the CS or Teamcare or whoever manages the plan is gonna come to the members and say, "Costs have 'skyrocketed, escalated, (Hoffa, Hall, and their golf partner Scott Davis, need new clubs.)whatever'.

The current level of contributions negotiated in 2013 are not enough to maintain the level of benefits. At which point either we are going to have to contribute or take higher deductibles.

Or the money will come from pension contributions and pensions already in trouble will end up getting worse.

Chnandler Bong

"Under the company plan your children get healthcare coverage if your retired, under TEAMCARE they don't get healthcare insurance if your retired, regardless of their age."

I'd like to know if this part is true. I have another contract before I could consider retiring...but I can't retire if my kids aren't covered. Since we chose to start our family when we were in our 30's, I would have to work an extra 8 years to keep my boys under my plan.

I would also like to know how Teamcare handles diabetic supplies. Under the company plan, I don't have to pay for test strips, insulin pumps, etc....but I did have to pay 20% when we were under the union plan before. If I have to go back to paying 20%, any raises in pay are lost (and then some). I think one carrier handled these items as prescription while the other classified them as durable goods and equipment. It was like getting a raise when we switched to the company plan.