Voter Suppression

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Voter suppression reaches Pennsylvania.

Eugene Robinson: The GOP’s crime against voters - The Washington Post

GOP leader says this publicly:

""Pennsylvania state House Republican leader Mike Turzai said this weekend that the state’s new voter ID law will “allow” Mitt Romney to win the state in November, according to a report.""

Really? I thought this was suppose to curb cheating on both sides? But we all know ID laws are only intended to disenfranchise democratic voters.

Mike Turzai: Voter ID helps GOP win state - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

moreluck

golden ticket member
More proof that the republicans "INTENT" is to supress votes!

Voter Fraud - Salon.com

As if there was any real question about it.

Wisconsin Republican: Voter ID law could help Romney win | The Raw Story

The florida former chair knows all to well, what the intention of the party is.

Peace

TOS

Twice yesterday I had to show my ID because I was using a charge card. Anyone who thinks it's a burden to show ID to vote is a real dimwit !!

I don't understand why Dems. would want non-residents or jail inmates to vote in their country's political elections.......or, why it woud be OK for someone to vote 5 times or 10 times and it's all right. No human being should think that's OK, That's the answer, they are not human!

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=3]Mississippi NAACP Leader Sent To Prison For 10 Counts of Voter Fraud...[/h]

But . . . but . . . but . . . voter ID laws are raaaacist!

Via Daily Caller:

While NAACP President Benjamin Jealous lashed out at new state laws requiring photo ID for voting, an NAACP executive sits in prison, sentenced for carrying out a massive voter fraud scheme.

In a story ignored by the national media, in April a Tunica County, Miss., jury convicted NAACP official Lessadolla Sowers on 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots. Sowers is identified on an NAACP website as a member of the Tunica County NAACP Executive Committee.

Sowers received a five-year prison term for each of the 10 counts, but Circuit Court Judge Charles Webster permitted Sowers to serve those terms concurrently, according to the Tunica Times, the only media outlet to cover the sentencing.

“This crime cuts against the fabric of our free society,” Judge Webster said.

Sowers was found guilty of voting in the names of Carrie Collins, Walter Howard, Sheena Shelton, Alberta Pickett, Draper Cotton and Eddie Davis. She was also convicted of voting in the names of four dead persons: James L. Young, Dora Price, Dorothy Harris, and David Ross.

In the trial, forensic scientist Bo Scales testified that Sowers’s DNA was found on the inner seals of five envelopes containing absentee ballots.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its a real shame when the GOP has to resort to dirty tricks to win elections, and then get exposed by their OWN party members in the process.

The fraud you linked to had nothing to do with voting at a polling station. Those were absentee ballots.

Sometimes you just have to break it down to juvenile levels bro.

Peace

TOS

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I have no problem sticking my finger in purple dye when I vote. It seems to work in other place where we've run 'clean' elections with a lack of gov't issued ID's.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
What does a purple finger prove? Only that you've voted, not that you are allowed to.

Ahhh, the right to vote, now we are getting somewhere. I'll go by these definitions:
Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, in the Ohio case mentioned above, no one is trying to stop anyone from voting, they are suing to allow anyone who is legal to vote, the opportunity to vote. Equality, and all that messy stuff some don't seem to like.

moreluck

golden ticket member

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Is that not paragraph 1 in the Democrat play book?

Marines and recent Presidents:
Different Presidents, A Different Corps - YouTube

The democratics playbook??? Who took citizens united to the supreme court? The democrats? Get serious.

The republicans in OHIO are doing everything possible to limit democratic voters and this one takes the cake.
Ohio Limits Early Voting Hours In Democratic Counties, Expands In Republican Counties | ThinkProgress

Ohio-Early-Voting-12.png

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So now we will learn how many cases he actually won in a court of law , being how he was a lawyer before he stopped { for unknown reasons } actually practicing law.
I think it was about the same time his wife was disbarred by the Ill. courts.

Dude, after 4 years of this kind of nonsense, have you missed the fact that NONE OF IT is moving the dials towards MITTENS?

As of today, even FOX SPEWS has OBAMA leading by +9 points! +9 points! and this after 8 straight months of bombarding by FOX SPEWS and ALL the talking heads of the right wing.

The crap you all want to cling to is simply NOT what the majority of americans want to talk about. The polls are clear, JULY and AUGUST are the biggest failures for MITTENS.

Now that he chose Paul Ryan, the GOP will lose the senior citizens vote (excluding moreluck of course).... PAUL RYAN is the poison pill for Romney.

You keep banging that drum of nonsense and OBAMA will sail to re election.

Peace

TOS