That’s Craptacular
2015-01-13-18-01-43--1639917747.jpeg

Prostitutes do not recieve W-2's.
I respectfully disagree!

watdaflock?

Look at your last pay stub of 2014.
^Don't do this.

Copy/paste below from turbotax:

You shouldn't, usually there is a difference in total wages from a W2 and a pay stub if you have any 401K and/or Life insurance, Cafeteria Plan etc you might contribute to, you won’t have the correct amount of Social Security Taxes or Medicare wages you need to enter.

Filing your return using only your last pay stub or paycheck could create headaches for you later:

• The IRS or your state might send you notices, if what's on your pay stub doesn't match what's on your W-2. The W-2 contains specific data that isn't always on your paycheck.
  • If the numbers you enter on your return don't match your W-2, the IRS could hold up your refund for weeks until the differences are resolved.
  • You might have to amend your return, If you do file with your pay stub only and some figures differ from your W-2. That can be time-consuming.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

2014 W-2's are still not available online.

I have always used my end of year pay stub to prepare my taxes but have always waited for the W-2 to make sure the figures were correct before e-filing.

I have had to amend returns for my son in the past and it is something that you want to avoid if at all possible.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you have investment accounts they have until April to send you a statement so many people have to wait to file anyway.

You can download most of the documents that you need directly from the respective websites rather than waiting for them to come in the mail. I already have all of my 1099's and will e-file after I download and verify my W-2.