w2

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Upstate - if you are filing form 8396 - mortgage interest credit, you will have to wait until late Feb/March. It's on the list of one of the forms that will change and not yet available. E-file with direct deposit should still get you your return in about 2 weeks.

If you don't mind me asking - why are you funding your Roth this way?
Less than 1% of all federal tax filers would ever need to use form 8396.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes, but they have until the end of Feb to post them. Last year they took till the last minute to have them available.

I was still receiving corrections to my 1099 and K-1's in July and August last year.
I just file an extension and normally file around the September/October time frame.

texan

You should be able to download it through upsers on or about 1/20. By law they have to be postmarked by 1/31.

You can use your last paystub as your W-2----just be sure to subtract your 401k contributions from your gross wage for your Federal taxes only.
It is posted 1 / 13 today.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow...that was quick.

....and what do you know...it is a mirror image of my last pay stub from 2012....

The value of our healthcare, which was supposed to be listed on line 12DD, is not there. We're not being taxed on it but it was supposed to be there in preparation for Obamacare. I was kind of curious as to what the number was going to be.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
My healthcare value was listed...and it's going to ruin my taxes in the future. I'm part time...been with the company 16 years next month...I have 2 kids...value of the healthcare plan was 14500. Ouch...

Ms.PacMan

My healthcare value was listed...and it's going to ruin my taxes in the future. I'm part time...been with the company 16 years next month...I have 2 kids...value of the healthcare plan was 14500. Ouch...
The Cadillac plan excise tax will be levied against insurers (and maybe directly against employers?) - not you.

The tax is set to begin in 2018 and applies to plans whose value for single coverage is above $10,200, and for family coverage greater than $27,500.

If the value on your W-2 was $14,500, then this is well below the $27,500. It looks as though UPS is already doing an excellent job keeping healthcare costs low.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is there such a thing as Teamster insurance while still an active employee?

Yes---we have it in Upstate NY---I believe they are covered by the Teamsters Plan in New England as well. UPS makes defined hourly contributions to our H&W plans and the Union administers our healthcare through Excellus BC/BS.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Speaking of the ADP W2 website....if you are coherent enough to actually get yourself logged in, your 2012 UPS W2's have now been posted!!!

EDIT: Nevermind....I'm a day late and a dollar short on this announcement. #fail

Last edited:

Ms.PacMan

UPS I think...It's a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois plan...which is funny cause I live in Washington...

Same insurance here in the Midwest. I was wondering what the numbers would look like because we have great insurance! Medical practices and dentists are always blown away by what our insurance covers and how often.

I think part of the equation is that UPS covers so many people, insurers are willing to negotiate great rates to keep all that business (like the really low fees in our 401K). I think that's what the Affordable Care Act is going for - the ability of large groups of ppl to negotiate better rates. And - that's also why the tax will be levied against the insurers - to prevent them from not allowing lower rates.

Last edited:

happybob

Feeders
Yes, N.E. is covered through Teamstercare. They offer HMO plans that we have to choose from. Regular dental visits, cleaning, etc, is covered through Teamster Dental Offices and major dental is covered through Delta Dental. Awesome healthcare!

texan

Speaking of the ADP W2 website....if you are coherent enough to actually get yourself logged in, your 2012 UPS W2's have now been posted!!!

EDIT: Nevermind....I'm a day late and a dollar short on this announcement. #fail
"....if you are coherent enough to actually get yourself logged in"
I agree........... Funny.
One would think we were logging into the the CIA
. :happy-very: