Wacky News

Big Babooba

Aleh Kot of West Springfield held in Wisconsin as suspect following 1,000-mile 'test drive'

By Patrick Johnson

October 16, 2009, 10:28PM

TRACKING THE TEST DRIVE

WEST SPRINGFIELD - It started out Thursday afternoon as a routine auto test drive from a West Springfield dealer, evolved into car theft and kidnapping along the Massachusetts Turnpike, and ended some 15 hours later and more than 1,000 miles away with a traffic stop in Janesville, Wisc.

Aleh Kot, 32, of West Springfield, was being held Friday in the Rock County Jail on charges of speeding, reckless driving and driving a vehicle without the owner’s permission. But that only tells the back end of the story.

Kot is also facing charges in West Springfield for kidnapping, car theft, larceny, and assault and battery, according to West Springfield police.

West Springfield police issued a warrant for Kot, accused of stealing a car and abducting a car salesman from Balise Honda during a test drive that began around 1 p.m. Thursday. With the unnamed salesman in the car, Kot reportedly drove west on the Massachusetts Turnpike at estimated speeds of up to 125 mph. The salesman was able to escape during a traffic tie-up by the toll booth at West Stockbridge, police said.

Wisconsin officials said it is not clear yet if Kot will face charges in that state or be extradited first to stand trial in Massachusetts.

Kot and the car, a 2010 Honda Accord sedan, kept going, not stopping until a trooper with the Wisconsin State Patrol pulled him over for speeding at 4:20 a.m. on I-90 near Janesville, some 20 miles north of the Illinois state line.

“For him not to be stopped by a state trooper until then is astonishing,” said Larry Bass, general manager for Balise Honda.

“We’re just glad they caught him and our salesman was not injured,” he said.

Bass said the salesman, whose name has not been released, was back at work Friday. “He doesn’t want to talk about it; he just wants to focus on selling cars.”

Sgt. Michael R. Vasquez of the Wisconsin State Patrol, said Kot was pulled over on I-90 after a trooper clocked him driving at 90 mph.

He was going to be cited for motor vehicle violations until the trooper ran the license plate and found the car had been reported stolen earlier in Massachusetts.

Vasquez said he also thought it was interesting Kot could travel that far and that fast and only come across one state trooper.

“But I don’t know what he was doing in other states,” he said.

If he stayed on I-90 the entire way from Western Massachusetts to Wisconsin, he would have driven past several populated areas including Buffalo, Cleveland and Chicago.

At an average speed of 60 mph, driving the 1,008 miles nonstop would take 16 hours and 41 minutes. Kot made it in a little over 15 hours, meaning his average speed was 67 miles per hour. And that doesn’t count time lost to pit stops for fuel, food or to use the rest room.

A 2010 Honda Accord, with an 18.5-gallon gas tank, has a cruising range of about 460 miles, meaning Kot had to stop at least once.

Vasquez said if Kot had not been pulled over by the trooper, there is no telling where he would have eventually ended up. Kot never told police what his destination was.

“No one knows where he was going,” he said

Rumor has it that he went to visit AJ.:wink2:

Nude Woman Breaks Into Home

Why can't good stuff like this happen to me????

KNOCK,KNOCK

VERY-fat-nude-woman.jpg

P

pickup

It's the Great Pumpkin , Charlie Brown.

Imagine that: it was gaining over thirty pounds a day in weight in the height of the growing season.