Wage progression update.

Quigley

Did you mean to say on the payroll AS of? I'm sure you'll be getting questions about it and we all know I don't want to break out the horse again!
Oh nooooooooo not the horse! You are right. So let me be more specific. If you were on the payroll on July 31st 2013 then you will get the GWI

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Oh nooooooooo not the horse! You are right. So let me be more specific. If you were on the payroll on July 31st 2013 then you will get the GWI

OK, going to play devil's advocate here...

You specifically said retro check...not GWI. I'm sure at least one will point that out (excluding myself of course). Everyone on the payroll after Aug 1st will still be entitled to the retro if their wage was not on par with the contract rates.

Quigley

OK, going to play devil's advocate here...

You specifically said retro check...not GWI. I'm sure at least one will point that out (excluding myself of course). Everyone on the payroll after Aug 1st will still be entitled to the retro if their wage was not on par with the contract rates.
Once again you are right, I should have payed more attention to what you had said.
So everyone who was on the payroll on July 31st will get the GWI.
Everyone who was on the payroll prior to April 25th will get a retro check.
I think I got it right this time.

scooby0048

Once again you are right, I should have payed more attention to what you had said.
So everyone who was on the payroll on July 31st will get the GWI.
Everyone who was on the payroll prior to April 25th will get a retro check.
I think I got it right this time.

I'll save the horse for another time but I'll admit it does feel like deja vu doesn't it?
-Good post and thanks for your diligence!

Quigley

Not to threadjack, but has anyone else heard that those who went fulltime between Aug 1, and Apr 25 will be in 3yr progression. My BA swears this is the case and that it has been agreed upon. Everyone I talk to company side says we'd be in 4yr.
The only thing I have heard is that there are grivences filed. The argument is since the old contract didnt just stop on July 31st and was in fact extended, then anybody hired between Aug 1 and April 25th is considered to be under the old contract, and 3 year progression. The opposite argument is, since the new contract is retroactive back to Aug 1, then everything, including the progression rate is retroactive to Aug 1. Thus the retro checks. I'm glad I'm not the one having to decide this one.

scooby0048

The only thing I have heard is that there are grivences filed. The argument is since the old contract didnt just stop on July 31st and was in fact extended, then anybody hired between Aug 1 and April 25th is considered to be under the old contract, and 3 year progression. The opposite argument is, since the new contract is retroactive back to Aug 1, then everything, including the progression rate is retroactive to Aug 1. Thus the retro checks. I'm glad I'm not the one having to decide this one.

As nice as it would be to have the best of both worlds, I cannot fathom the company being so generous in that aspect. To enjoy the fruits of higher wage and a shorter progression would only benefit the workers and not the company.

Unfortunately, one group will enjoy shorter progression while another will enjoy higher wages. I remember when progression was only 30 months. Can't wait till the next contract comes up...it'll probably be 60 months.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not to threadjack, but has anyone else heard that those who went fulltime between Aug 1, and Apr 25 will be in 3yr progression. My BA swears this is the case and that it has been agreed upon. Everyone I talk to company side says we'd be in 4yr.

The new contract has an effective date of 1 Aug 13 so anyone hired after this date will be on the 4 yr progression.

S

selfcancelsignal

Part of the problem at our center is 2 drivers started before 8-1-13, but were seasonals. They gained seniority 9-13. Another started as a preloader in July & just recently gained driver seniority through the grievance process a little over a month ago. This guy is on the 4 year progression. I'm assuming drivers 1 & 2 are too. We'll find out soon.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Bottom rung

Part of the problem at our center is 2 drivers started before 8-1-13, but were seasonals. They gained seniority 9-13. Another started as a preloader in July & just recently gained driver seniority through the grievance process a little over a month ago. This guy is on the 4 year progression. I'm assuming drivers 1 & 2 are too. We'll find out soon.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.
Just ask them how much they get paid. We had a new driver complete his probation period in early April. He gets paid more than I do. He's under the new contract.

Sean1692

So quigley does this mean that a driver hired on the old contract on 5/13 will go up to 19.50 after the 1 year anniversary date the new rate on the new progression. Also will we be getting a retro check for the .70 or 1.50.
Thanks in advance !

Sent by Sean

JL 0513

At this point, I'm just waiting until around next Tuesday when checks are supposed to be issued and then the following Friday to see what my new rate is.

Ask 10 people to sort out this mess and you get 10 answers. Not the fault of drivers, but rather having to decypher two contracts crashing into each other.

Inthegame

So quigley does this mean that a driver hired on the old contract on 5/13 will go up to 19.50 after the 1 year anniversary date the new rate on the new progression. Also will we be getting a retro check for the .70 or 1.50.
Thanks in advance !

Sent by Sean
Any FT gaining seniority before 8/1/2013 will progress on the three year table from the '08-'13 CBA, and will also receive the $.70 raises each August.
Any FT gaining seniority after 8/1/2013 is on the 4 yr progression and will receive only the new progression rates(no raises) on their 2, 3, and 4 yr anniversaries.

Bottom rung

If what posted is true. That's a joke and a slap in the face to any employee either in progression or about to enter a full time position.

JL 0513

Any FT gaining seniority before 8/1/2013 will progress on the three year table from the '08-'13 CBA, and will also receive the $.70 raises each August.
Any FT gaining seniority after 8/1/2013 is on the 4 yr progression and will receive only the new progression rates(no raises) on their 2, 3, and 4 yr anniversaries.

...and yet another different version of what will happen. Amazing.

Quigley

It's true, not a joke and not a slap.
It is a slap in the face when you have a new guy making more money then then a driver who started 6 months earlier. And what about the part that says :
They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance
with Article 41, Section 2 below.
That section shows the new rate.

upschuck

It is a slap in the face when you have a new guy making more money then then a driver who started 6 months earlier. And what about the part that says :
They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance
with Article 41, Section 2 below.
That section shows the new rate.
It also refers to the old progression rates too.
This is from Art 41 Sec 2 first sentence
Notwithstanding any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum the progressions set forth in Sections 2(c) and 3
below will be controlling with regard to any employee entering a full-time job after August 1, 2013 covered by those Sections

That refers to the new progression rates, and as you can read it plainly states after Aug 1 2013.