Wage progression update.

kingOFchester

I was a big advocate for the pre 2013 seniority drivers getting the new progression rate while staying under the old 3 year progression. It did not make sense to me and was unable to find the language that explains it in the contract. But I was wrong.

However, if you read this:
Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification.

That is the line in the contract that explains the progression rate. It sucks, but it is in the contract. I will be communicating this to the drivers that have been asking about their pay rate.

JDAM00

Hey so I am a loader, and from what it seems here am as confused about the pay rase as others here. Can someone help me understand what's going on with my pay schedule?

Hired August/12
Seniority October/12

Went from $9.50 - $10.50 after first three months.

Hit $11.00 after first year, 10/13

as of 2 weeks ago am making $11.50?

$0.50 raise instead of $0.70?

Am I getting the back pay?

-thanks.

J

jibbs

Hey so I am a loader, and from what it seems here am as confused about the pay rase as others here. Can someone help me understand what's going on with my pay schedule?

Hired August/12
Seniority October/12

-thanks.

Yep. I was hired the same month and year as you-- we're getting retro checks next week.

J

jibbs

Yep, bumped up to $11.50. From what I'm reading here (in this thread, I think it was) is that the raise will be split between your anniversary/seniority date and the GWI in August.

This part I'm sketchy on because this smile* is a mindf***. Different answers all over the place that all (mostly) sound legit, you know? But I do think we'll be getting that extra twenty cents, I'm just not sure when... It becomes kind of a strange situation after a few years when your seniority date with the company is in the same month that general wage increases go into effect.

upschuck

If you check the difference between your July 31, 2013 pay and April 25, 2014is greater than 70 cents. Your yearly progression raise is what bumped it up, and then new progression is what bumped up to new rate you are receiving.

JDAM00

If you check the difference between your July 31, 2013 pay and April 25, 2014is greater than 70 cents. Your yearly progression raise is what bumped it up, and then new progression is what bumped up to new rate you are receiving.

So you're saying that they bumped me up to the level of the new progression so I'm not making less than a new employee hired after July 31st? Does that mean I will follow the August 1st schedule, or will I be following the new progression cycle?

Last edited:

Quigley

Hired August/12
Seniority October/12

-thanks.
You should have gotten the .70

J

jibbs

Dude... That... That's a shockingly simple explanation.

You're right about the pay difference, though, went from $10.50/hr on 7/31/2013 to $11.50/hr the week after 4/25/2014.

upschuck

So you're saying that they bumped me up to the level of the new progression so I'm not making less than a new employee hired after July 31st? Does that mean I will follow the August 1st schedule, or will I be following the new progression cycle?
You'll get the aug 1 raises and the new progression raises.

JDAM00

Dude... That... That's a shockingly simple explanation.

You're right about the pay difference, though, went from $10.50/hr on 7/31/2013 to $11.50/hr the week after 4/25/2014.

Hey man I've been going over it and over it in my head and this it the only way it makes sence to me.

Bacause the contract was still I'm dispute, when August 1st came around, it wasn't in effect, and the old contract was continued.

In the literature of the old contract, we get our raise of $0.50 at our year mark, so we got it.

Now that the contract is finalized, we are have been bumped up to the new minimum pay, according to the new contract.

Because it is higher than the $0.70 we would have gotten on Aug 1st, we get the bigger #.

We will be paid retro checks, because the contract was supposed to go into effect Aug 1st, and we were supposed to be bumped up to $11.50 then.

saintrick

Hey man I've been going over it and over it in my head and this it the only way it makes sence to me.

Bacause the contract was still I'm dispute, when August 1st came around, it wasn't in effect, and the old contract was continued.

In the literature of the old contract, we get our raise of $0.50 at our year mark, so we got it.

Now that the contract is finalized, we are have been bumped up to the new minimum pay, according to the new contract.

Because it is higher than the $0.70 we would have gotten on Aug 1st, we get the bigger #.

We will be paid retro checks, because the contract was supposed to go into effect Aug 1st, and we were supposed to be bumped up to $11.50 then.

On Aug 1st, 2013 you would have moved to 11.20. You will get retro for .70 for all hours from 8/1 till your seniority date when you moved to 11.00

On your seniority date you would have move to 11.50. You will get .50 retro for all hours worked from your seniority date till you move to the correct rate of 11.50 in April.

The rest of your raises will be:
8/1/14 .70 to 12.20
8/1/15 .70 to 12.90
3 year seniority to 13.00 (bump to match new wage)
8/1/16 .40 to 13.40
2/1/17 .40 to 13.80
8/1/17 .50 to 14.30
2/1/18 .50 to 14.80

saintrick

Doesnt matter when you attain seniority. What matters is what your seniority date is.

Tell that to all the people who have seniority dates prior to 8/1/13 attained that seniority after 8/1/13 when they come on here next week asking why they did not get retro pay.

Last edited:

JDAM00

On Aug 1st, 2013 you would have moved to 11.20. You will get retro for .70 for all hours from 8/1 till your seniority date when you moved to 11.00

On your seniority date you would have move to 11.50. You will get .50 retro for all hours worked from your seniority date till you move to the correct rate of 11.50 in April.

The rest of your raises will be:
8/1/14 .70 to 12.20
8/1/15 .70 to 12.90
3 year seniority to 13.00 (bump to match new wage)
8/1/16 .40 to 13.40
2/1/17 .40 to 13.80
8/1/17 .50 to 14.30
2/1/18 .50 to 14.80

Thank you sir.

Quigley

Tell that to all the people who have seniority dates prior to 8/1/13 attained that seniority after 8/1/13 when they come on here next week asking why they did not get retro pay.
Its pretty simple file a grievence. If you dont understand that its you seniority date that effects your raises and NOT the day you attain seniority, then I dont know what else to say.

Quigley

The 3 year and 4 year wage increases are totally separate from the GWI. The contract says if you in progression prior to Aug 1 you get .70. It doesnt say you get .70 unless you are already making more. It does say you cant make less not more.

Quigley

Here is another local doing whats right:

Our local said everyone in progression under the old contract are supposed to be bumped up to their new rate in the new contract. No new driver shouldn't be making more then a driver all ready on progression..
From the flyer passed out yesterday by our BA if you're in your second and a half year of progression your new rate should be bumped to $21.45. You may need to file for the penalty pay.

Bottom rung

So how is this a local to local issue? The teamsters issued that pay progression chart. So where does the extra money come from? Is the union footing the bill? My ba tells me filing for the new wages will go nowhere and get the thrown out. Anyone who's getting the four year wages and three year pro. Feel free to pm me with tour local.

Sent using BrownCafe App

sportsjock

I had picket duty today so spent a few hours with two other drivers and the local discussing all this new contract verbiage.

Sent using BrownCafe App

saintrick

Here is another local doing whats right:

let them file maybe they will get a different result from when this language was added in 2008.

wagepanel02-2009.jpg