wage progression

redrage14

I worked as a part-timer since 1994 until 2006 when I became a driver. My seniority date is May 22, 2006 and statered at $18.05. It's now November 9, 2008 and I'm at $19.25. I thought I would be a little higher than that by now. I've read the wage progression on page 145 of my agreement book and It looks like I should be at least at 90%. I think I'm under 75% of the top rate. Can anyone give me some info to figure this thing out.

brownrodster

sounds right to me. A driver at 2 years is supposed to be 18.90$. However, it looks like you got the august general wage increase on top of that. At 2.5 years you will hit top wage.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's 30 months over here in the Washington District. 2.5 years. And that's the old contract. The new contract is 3 years. It's feasible that he doesn't see top wage until next year.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's 30 months over here in the Washington District. 2.5 years. And that's the old contract. The new contract is 3 years. It's feasible that he doesn't see top wage until next year.

If he doesn't see it until next year, then clearly he /she has been sold down the river.

Grandfathered under the old contract (when progression began), redrage will top out in 2.5

U

uber

I'm reading my contract and it says driver progression is top scale after two years? I always thought and was told top scale isn't until after 2.5 years, I've also heard 3 years.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm reading my contract and it says driver progression is top scale after two years? I always thought and was told top scale isn't until after 2.5 years, I've also heard 3 years.

The current progression is 3 years, It had been 30 months up until the last contract was ratified and then it became 3 years. Not sure how much longer they can make people wait to reach Full-Time.

U

uber

The current progression is 3 years, It had been 30 months up until the last contract was ratified and then it became 3 years. Not sure how much longer they can make people wait to reach Full-Time.

The new contract I'm hearing is 4 years. That's ridiculous. I'm glad I got in as a driver before this new contract. Waiting 3 years is enough, waiting 4 years is dumb. Since I'm reading the old contract, can someone tell me the progression for drivers on the current contract.

Thanks.

anonymous4

12 year wait here for FT and growing. What's another 4 years (or 5,6,7)? Our leadership is doing a fantastic job, keep it up guys. If UPS was my career choice and I began at 18, I'd be 35 before I even sniffed $30/hour.

Doublebag

The new contract I'm hearing is 4 years. That's ridiculous. I'm glad I got in as a driver before this new contract. Waiting 3 years is enough, waiting 4 years is dumb. Since I'm reading the old contract, can someone tell me the progression for drivers on the current contract.

Thanks.

I'm also curious about the progression on drivers that got hired as drivers on the last contract. I haven't made top rate yet and have 1 more year till I do. Does the new contract effect my top rate in another year or will I have to wait 2 ?

U

uber

No it doesn't affect you - once you are in progression any change from a new contract doesn't affect you

So whats progression? Don't need to give specifics if you don't want to, but all the info I have is from the last contract. I got a little pamphlet when I went FT in October but I can't seem to locate it.