wage

I just made my 30 days to become a fulltime driver. i was tcd driver making $ 26 plus per hour. i have a question my center manager wants to lower my pay per hour at $16? Is he allowed to do that even if when i was making $26 per hour in my 30 days?

Thank you

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, he is not, although I am calling BS on the $26/hr. You would be red circled at your current rate of pay until such time as any contractual raises you would have received puts your wage above the red circled amount.

brown_trousers

prob a former 22.3 who was laid off to part time. thats about $26/hr.

If he was a former 22.3 that was at the top $26/hr rate then laid-off to part-time, he would make top rate as a ground driver because you only have to complete a FT wage progression once to receive top wage for any full-time job you bid into.

OptimusPrime

I wonder how many drivers out there that this is unknowingly affecting? They tried this stunt with me. Had an on car and even my driver mentor say it was legit. Only until coming here did I find out you don't drop down to the $16.10. I could see a lot of guys just going along with it.

UPSGUY72

I just made my 30 days to become a fulltime driver. i was tcd driver making $ 26 plus per hour. i have a question my center manager wants to lower my pay per hour at $16? Is he allowed to do that even if when i was making $26 per hour in my 30 days?

Thank you

When your weren't being a TCD what did you do ??? Did you work inside as a PT inside if so what was your pay rate ??? If it wasn't $26 hr than you SOL. You will be starting out at $16.10.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I believe that in the Atlantic region, "TCD" have their own pay progression. I'm not an expert, but that's what I remember when I read their supplement.

If they're at $26/hr as a TCD, I'm pretty sure their rate is dropped when they enter a FT driving job.

The above may or not be accurate, feel free to double-check. :)

yea i just started as an tcd and im at 26.80 that 16.10 stuff was mentioned in the class as what i would get paid but i doubt its going to effect me maybe it was the contract i was hired in on

robbdogg75

Just became a TCD here and my rate is $26.66 and that's no BS. They also clarified that once you start driving at $26.66, they can't knock you down to the lower rate when going full time. This info was given by HR who actually is the driver instructor for our NSPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just became a TCD here and my rate is $26.66 and that's no BS. They also clarified that once you start driving at $26.66, they can't knock you down to the lower rate when going full time. This info was given by HR who actually is the driver instructor for our NSPS.

Wouldn't your pay drop when you start progression?

robbdogg75

I was specifically told once you get paid $26.66 for driving, you can't be knocked down when moving to fulltime driver. Center manager and HR confirmed that to me. Maybe every region is different though.