Wage

HardknocksUPSer

But its like buying insurance. If you read any of my posts on the union threads, you would know my displeasure with the Teamsters.

With that being said,we would be sitting ducks without union protection.
It's a two way street, I prefer to pay a week bucks a week as a part timer just to know I have what I "hope" is protection when I need it, however I don't want to count on the union unless I need it, I am however thankful for the union wages.

browner89

You'll start at 10.10/hr. Pay ~$100 (over 3 months, taken out $25 at a time) or so in initiation fees depending on where you live, and another ~$20/month after initiation depending on where you live.

After one year you'll receive a $0.50 raise and potentially another $1 if you learn a skilled trait, such as sorting, picking off, or work on the preload shift loading PC's (most buildings are still considered skilled).

For my local, your progression will look like this (skilled / unskilled):
Seniority +1yr $11.50 / $10.50
Seniority +2yr $12.00 / $11.00
Seniority +3yr $13.00 / $12.00
Seniority +4yr $13.50 / $12.50

Not the best raises ever seen for part timers but at least you know they're coming no matter what. You don't need to ever storm into your bosses office begging and telling him how great of a worker you are to maybe get a $.30/hr raise every 3 years.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
With that being said,we would be sitting ducks without union protection.
I disagree and this is why. The union has negotiated for you guys to have excellent benefits and high wages(which you deserve, I'm not saying otherwise). This is why they milk every bit of production they can out of you guys, while a FedEx driver with the same route probably does much less volume. It isn't as vital they dispatch you with 9.5 hour days because they're making 60% of what you guys make.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I disagree and this is why. The union has negotiated for you guys to have excellent benefits and high wages(which you deserve, I'm not saying otherwise). This is why they milk every bit of production they can out of you guys, while a FedEx driver with the same route probably does much less volume. It isn't as vital they dispatch you with 9.5 hour days because they're making 60% of what you guys make.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437418721.084423.jpg

T

Turdferguson

We've always made more than FedEx drivers, and in the past they used to never cram it down the drivers throats the way they do now. What has changed?