Wages: Lets get to the facts

MaineGroundDriver

J
I'll start. $15.50 with 7-9 years of service at express. That amounts to $32,240 annually. You can determine if that is a livable wage or not.

My base annual salary is bigger than that with 3+ years in with bonuses added in, wow .. is this seriously all you make after that many years at Express? Can't be ..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For me , my senior is a great guy but I think he have been senior for about 10 years .Maybe time for him to move on or he knew something will happen in the future . If I guess perhaps its about peek failure at my station .

There was no failure during Peak. Fred and Dave said so. We had the best Peak ever according to them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My base annual salary is bigger than that with 3+ years in with bonuses added in, wow .. is this seriously all you make after that many years at Express? Can't be ..

It's basically impossible to reach top wage at FedEx any more. I know several 20+ year employees that still aren't there.

hypo hanna

It's basically impossible to reach top wage at FedEx any more. I know several 20+ year employees that still aren't there.
Top out pay is something they tell job applicants to get them in the door. They have no intention of making good on that promise. Just the first of the many lies you will hear from this company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Top out pay is something they tell job applicants to get them in the door. They have no intention of making good on that promise. Just the first of the many lies you will hear from this company.

So true. The pack of lies begin on Day1 and never end. What I'm seeing is that younger workers just won't tolerate it...and they walk. Sometimes it takes a couple of months, but most leave. Good for them. FedEx will take years to figure it out, once the VP of Turnover Management (VPOTM) gets on the job.

My turn , 10years pay code 9M market level 2A/code friend right now at $23.13/hr. top pay will be $27.89/hr. I don't know how long to take to that level because Im 45 already . Done ASPIRE got manager position offer at market level friend (2A station ) grade 26 = $5413 /month . After think twice(too much drama going on at the station ) , turn down that position . :peaceful::peaceful::peaceful::peaceful::peaceful:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My turn , 10years pay code 9M market level 2A/code friend right now at $23.13/hr. top pay will be $27.89/hr. I don't know how long to take to that level because Im 45 already . Done ASPIRE got manager position offer at market level friend (2A station ) grade 26 = $5413 /month . After think twice(too much drama going on at the station ) , turn down that position . :peaceful::peaceful::peaceful::peaceful::peaceful:

Think about how many managers last more than a year...not many. Let's see, you'll top out in the year 2062 because "you need something to look forward to". This is the official Senior Manager response I've heard uttered by several of them...verbatim.

Quigley

$15.50 after almost a decade with the company is ridiculous, especially when the guy next to you is making $10/hour more just because they started before you and got to top out in a reasonable amount of time. Also considering UPS is making $30+/hour for a related job. Do I expect us to make as much as UPS? No, but we should be within the ball park.

Why would you not expect to make the same?

Think about how many managers last more than a year...not many. Let's see, you'll top out in the year 2062 because "you need something to look forward to". This is the official Senior Manager response I've heard uttered by several of them...verbatim.
I agree with you by 2062 I'll be gone to paradise already . :angel::angel::angel:

HomeDelivery

be happy you get an annual raise...

i only had 3 over the past 6 years & that was asking for it instead of the contractor automatically giving you a raise

STFXG

be happy you get an annual raise...

i only had 3 over the past 6 years & that was asking for it instead of the contractor automatically giving you a raise
Don't you bounce between contractors and being a temp? Have you been with a contractor for a significant amount of time?

Sent using BrownCafe App

HomeDelivery

yes, that's how i got my pay increases ~ i went with the highest bidder & that's how i proved that any monkey w/ some common sense can slip-seat in this opco

then, when peak comes around a few were honest that they can't compete w/ the temp agency pay (including the OT & peak bonus). 2 years ago a contractor did match the pay... it was fine for that peak season

this peak, i was OK w/ the contractor since he gave me the same service area for the whole time. I got to know the area & can deliver in the dark until 2100 with no stress ~ workload / stop count almost doubled, but same service miles & was pushing 25 stops per hour (thought i would never get that high) ~ so it was instant pay raise for me this year.

now, i know some of you do give monthly bonuses for having NO COMPLAINTS or ACCIDENTS & good for them, but many just are happy paying their workers just a tad over min-wage...

i'm already leaving myself some outs since my last DOT expiration comes this year (looking at those 3rd party owner-operator outfits & or amazon)

and doing some other passive-income endeavors to supplement this low pay structure for now, so it's all good.

Last edited:

dezguy

Why would you not expect to make the same?

We don't do as much work as you guys. The UPS guy on my route does nearly 1/3 more worth of work in a day that I do. No one at FedEx is looking to be paid $30+ an hour, we'd just like to be in the ballpark instead of being paid over $10 less an hour (in some cases) for a related job.

STFXG

We don't do as much work as you guys. The UPS guy on my route does nearly 1/3 more worth of work in a day that I do. No one at FedEx is looking to be paid $30+ an hour, we'd just like to be in the ballpark instead of being paid over $10 less an hour (in some cases) for a related job.

So you do 1/3 less work and get paid around 1/3 less but deserve more?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Quigley

I'm in feeders and we get $.10 more per hour then package drivers. Since I pull tripples I get an extra $.85 per hour more. I do about 10% of the labor that a package driver would do. My biggest worry of the day is what station on satellite radio I want to listen to. You guys are underpaid and should be making as much as anybody else in this industry.

STFXG

I'm in feeders and we get $.10 more per hour then package drivers. Since I pull tripples I get an extra $.85 per hour more. I do about 10% of the labor that a package driver would do. My biggest worry of the day is what station on satellite radio I want to listen to. You guys are underpaid and should be making as much as anybody else in this industry.

Easy decision. Howard 100.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't you love how the comedy around here just seems to write itself sometimes?

That's his opinion. I know a lot of couriers who do more than their UPS counterparts. How does that square with what was just said? As a Social Media Shill (SMS), your assignment is to discredit anyone who flies against the company line. MT3 says he needs a polish...get to it.