Wal Mart Worker Fired For Reporting Dog Left In Hot Car

A

anonymous6

Thanks orangputeh. Don't embrace it, Im sure it will cost me time in court, but I cannot let a dog die, in a hot car. I let one freeze to death in an outside cage, at a idiot renter neighbor house, and I will never have to ask shoulda woulda coulda again.
You need to be licensed to own a gun, buy a car, go fishing, but not to have a kid or an animal.

you could learn how to use a slim-jim but that would need some explaining. "officer, I was just trying to get the dog out."

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It is very frustrating, the stores, all seem to have policies now against making announcements, about lights being on, and dogs in cars. But they will announce in a heartbeat if someone is illegally parked.......
And it is against the law to leave your dog in a car in the heat. But it is a law that is not enforced. I was quite dismayed, when I called the local police number and they wouldn't come for "a dog". And the humane society must have been closed. It seems to be a big subject this yr.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
True story;

One hot summer day my wife saw a dog that had been left in a car outside of her office building. No AC, windows all the way up, and the dog is panting like crazy and obviously suffering from heatstroke. After about 10 minutes she called the police, who said it would be awhile before an officer could arrive. She waited a few more minutes, the owner didnt show up and the dog was getting more and more desperate....so she got our big 8-cell MagLight out of the trunk and broke out the back window of the car. She and a co-worker then carried the limp dog into the building, laid it on the cool tile floor, gave it a bowl of water, and rubbed it down with wet paper towels from the bathroom. About 5 minutes later, the owner came down into the lobby and he and my wife proceeded to get into a shouting match over his treatment of the dog and what she had done to his car. Finally the cop shows up to get things sorted out. The guy was pissed about his broken window and wanting to press charges against my wife. After hearing her side of yhe story, he went back to the guy, pulled out his handcuffs and said "sir, here is how its gonna be. If you want to press charges against her you may do so, however I will also be charging you with animal cruelty and taking you to jail. Or, you can walk away and spend $150 to replace the window, which is about 1/10th of how much the fine for animal cruelty will be. Your choice."

The arse hole took his dog (by now fully recovered) and left without pressing charges. I have always wondered whether or not my wife could have been successfully prosecuted for breaking into his car. Im glad we didnt have to find out and I admire the way that the cop was able to dispense a little "street justice."

soberups

Thanks orangputeh. Don't embrace it, Im sure it will cost me time in court, but I cannot let a dog die, in a hot car. I let one freeze to death in an outside cage, at a idiot renter neighbor house, and I will never have to ask shoulda woulda coulda again.
You need to be licensed to own a gun, buy a car, go fishing, but not to have a kid or an animal.

They could certainly try to prosecute you for breaking in to the car, but if your defense was that you were trying to save a dog from death by heatstroke they would probably not be sble to find 12 people on a jury who would vote to convict you. All you would need are a few pictures of the poor dog, along with testimony from a veterinarian about the suffering that dogs endure when left in hot cars, and the jury would probably want to pin a medal on you.

soberups

you could learn how to use a slim-jim but that would need some explaining. "officer, I was just trying to get the dog out."

I would call the police first and tell them I was breaking in to the car. That shows no criminal intent on your part, which is usually necessary for a conviction.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
True story;

One hot summer day my wife saw a dog that had been left in a car outside of her office building. No AC, windows all the way up, and the dog is panting like crazy and obviously suffering from heatstroke. After about 10 minutes she called the police, who said it would be awhile before an officer could arrive. She waited a few more minutes, the owner didnt show up and the dog was getting more and more desperate....so she got our big 8-cell MagLight out of the trunk and broke out the back window of the car. She and a co-worker then carried the limp dog into the building, laid it on the cool tile floor, gave it a bowl of water, and rubbed it down with wet paper towels from the bathroom. About 5 minutes later, the owner came down into the lobby and he and my wife proceeded to get into a shouting match over his treatment of the dog and what she had done to his car. Finally the cop shows up to get things sorted out. The guy was pissed about his broken window and wanting to press charges against my wife. After hearing her side of yhe story, he went back to the guy, pulled out his handcuffs and said "sir, here is how its gonna be. If you want to press charges against her you may do so, however I will also be charging you with animal cruelty and taking you to jail. Or, you can walk away and spend $150 to replace the window, which is about 1/10th of how much the fine for animal cruelty will be. Your choice."

The arse hole took his dog (by now fully recovered) and left without pressing charges. I have always wondered whether or not my wife could have been successfully prosecuted for breaking into his car. Im glad we didnt have to find out and I admire the way that the cop was able to dispense a little "street justice."

Sounds like you have a great wife . Good for her, & good for that cop too.