Walking into a house that looks like a business

Slick silver

Couple days ago while doing my route, I walked up to a house that needed a signature for the package. The house is on a street that has a bunch of old houses that are now law offices and real estate branches. So I walk up and start to knock, look inside and it obviously looks like another business office. So the doors unlocked and I go in and wait for someone to get a signature. After standing inside for a minute, I start to look around and start to realize that this isn't a business and that it's a residence. Just as I was about to get back outside, the home owner comes from the upstairs with a complete surprise look on her face. Gotta say, thank god she didn't have a gun or call the cops. I'm pretty sure this would have been a nice talk too in my manager office. Anybody ever done this

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Couple days ago while doing my route, I walked up to a house that needed a signature for the package. The house is on a street that has a bunch of old houses that are now law offices and real estate branches. So I walk up and start to knock, look inside and it obviously looks like another business office. So the doors unlocked and I go in and wait for someone to get a signature. After standing inside for a minute, I start to look around and start to realize that this isn't a business and that it's a residence. Just as I was about to get back outside, the home owner comes from the upstairs with a complete surprise look on her face. Gotta say, thank god she didn't have a gun or call the cops. I'm pretty sure this would have been a nice talk too in my manager office. Anybody ever done this
Ahhhh ... NO!

upschuck

Yes, I have, all you can do is say sorry. Mine was a farm, looked like the office, but wasn't, office was in the garage. Even had that statue that most farms have.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yep, with a sup who insisted it was a business, even after I was skeptical. Lady screamed and reamed us for a while.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg
That statue( maybe 2 1/2 ft tall) of a man with his arm extended hold a ring. Most all offices have those here. Never saw a house have that particular statue.
Are you talking about a "lawn jockey" if so MAK will be along shortly to give his view

Star B

White Lightening
Address only had a biz name on it, went to the typical industrial metal garage cuz all the cars were in front of it (and the main business wasn't open for the year yet)... and walked into their mudroom. They heard me and came out, I apologized saying I thought this was just going to be a biz, got a signature, and left.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I did this once.

For years a business for some sheet metal workers union had a small office in the middle of a business district in a town of 600. They moved out without saying a word and weeks went by before I had another delivery for them only to walk in and find out it was now some lady's apartment. She was home when I walked in. I apologized profusely but she was pretty cool about it.

I hate when businesses move and expect us to play detective and find their new location but this was a double slap in the face.

SmithBarney

No but I once walked around a house to get a signature because I heard talking...
except I guess it wasn't talking, two nice folks were having a "conversation" in the hottub.

I got a signature.

tapatio75

I walked into a house that I thought it was an apartment building, front door unlocked, bunch of guys watching tv. Whoops, sorry my bad [emoji4]

Indecisi0n

I always do the opposite. If I am not sure I knock and wait until someone comes to open the door and say "you can just walk in". If rather that happen then walk into someone's home.