Walking out of the building routine.....Just my building?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by OptimusPrime, Oct 6, 2012.

1. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Didn't pick up on it at first, being the new guy and all. But it appears routine with a lot of drivers. Basically, when you are coming into the building, and you see another driver coming in, it's the norm around here to wait on them, then walk out together and bitch about your day. I find it therapeutic.

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Umm certainly depends on the driver. Some ill
    Certainly wait on. Others I'll run up the steps to get away or stop in the restroom on the way out to make sure they aren't waiting for me. If I get home late my wife always asks me "how long did u stick around and talk today". Of course only she can do it with the evil eye and tone that makes u feel bad just for asking a guy how their day was.

3. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

That driver seems kind of needy...Best steer clear of that dude. Most likely, you will meet him about 4:30 that afternoon. And you will grab 35 of his worst stops to deliver. Yes, son, this is that day you call Friday. Tell your kids you will see them on Saturday morning...Welcome to Big Brown, my brotha.

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Misery loves company remember that.

5. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Takes too long, I'm usually out of the guardshack by the time most people were hitting f5

6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

My fastest pace of the day is when I head for that EXIT door, I seldom wait to walk out with anybody. If I want to listen to another driver whine, there is always time before the PCM.

7. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

There is a solution to this problem. Many of us call it feeders. It is that land where fat doobies no longer exist. It is that trade-in, that we in feeders try and convince ourselves that the trade-in was worth it. The job is, the smoke isn't. And as my comrade Forrest A. Gump would say, "That is all I want to say about that."

My urine is clean, but not happy...........

Did I say tooo much?

8. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Fat doobies? That's what I call our feeder drivers. You know, be because they all have "feeder belly." Is it mandatory that you gain 40 pounds to be in feeders?

9. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

It's the only way to fit into the 'feedah pants' as Covey would say. LOL!

10. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

If you want to see the dead come to life, come to our building they don't walk to there car they, they run. there thing is first out the gate wins........

11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I normally don't want to hear about other drivers days. I have it worse than most being a split driver.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Perhaps you should keep those tampons for yourself.

13. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

WOW, he we go, lol

14. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

15. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I miss the good ol days! :rofl:

16. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

17. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

18. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

19. rod

rod retired and happy

We never bitched about the job on the way out of the building. We would meet after work sometimes at the local saloon a block away. You can complain better with a slight buzz. Friday nights the wives would meet us and they would get in on the fun.

20. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Sometimes the best threads started innocent.