Walking Past Security

Cowboy Mac

What can security do if we just walk past them on our way out? Lately I've been ticked off with security because they started making me take off my steel toe boots when I'm leaving. One time I outright refused and when the head security guy asked me for my name I just told him the name of a supervisor everybody hates. Then he asked me for my last name so I just shook my head and left. That guy has been there a few times as I was leaving but he doesn't say anything to me, he just gives me the evil eye and I walk out.

A few nights later, I came to work in the clothes from my day job (button up shirt tucked into khaki pants). As I was leaving, the metal detector went off. The young security guy asked me if I worked in the hub.
I said yes.
He said "what do you do in there?"
"I'm an unloader"
He said "I'm sorry sir but you're going to have to step back through and follow the proper procedure".
I refused and I went off on him for a couple of minutes about how only the "scummy" hub workers get searched and have to remove clothing while supervisors and drivers pass right through.

So tonight, the security guy on duty is the nazi. This guy is actually a nazi. Ex military, blonde hair, blue eyes, swastika tattoo. Nazi. This time I almost took off my boots because I'm kinda scared of him but I didn't. I put my keys and wallet on the counter, walked through the detector and left.

Can security actually do anything about this or can I just continue what I'm doing without any consequences? I figure since I'm off the clock there's nothing they can do, especially since they're not law enforcement.

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
excellent "Sunny" reference Cowboy Mac, in our hub they were allowed reasonable search of lunch boxes or carry out items, as far as you taking your shoes off thats doesnt fly. I would contact your steward first then the local and find out whats going on. its funny how security will let sups walk thru without question then try to cavity search the hourly. good luck

542thruNthru

Every so often we get a guy like you. We've had a few guys fired for starting stuff with the security guys.

Also we had a loader fired for giving someone else's name when he was asked. They got him on dishonesty. I recommend not doing that again.

Good luck

Cowboy Mac

Every so often we get a guy like you. We've had a few guys fired for starting stuff with the security guys.

Also we had a loader fired for giving someone else's name when he was asked. They got him on dishonesty. I recommend not doing that again.

Good luck

Yeah I realized afterwards the name thing was a bad idea. It just sort of...slipped.

Nightside

We were required a few months ago to take our shoes off coming in and going out. But after hundreds of complaints, we didn't have to take our shoes off going in anymore. They've let up a bit about taking your shoes off leaving. I just don't bother fighting it anymore. I bring a pair of sandals with me and put them on when I leave the building before getting to security. A few bad apples ruined it for everyone else. It's best just to suck it up and cooperate with the security guards.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Every time we have a new face at the gate, I inform them that my knees will set of the detector and I then demonstrate it for them.

Cowboy Mac

We were required a few months ago to take our shoes off coming in and going out. But after hundreds of complaints, we didn't have to take our shoes off going in anymore. They've let up a bit about taking your shoes off leaving. I just don't bother fighting it anymore. I bring a pair of sandals with me and put them on when I leave the building before getting to security. A few bad apples ruined it for everyone else. It's best just to suck it up and cooperate with the security guards.

They don't make us take off stuff coming in, only exiting. Some guards just let me walk through because they don't care, others because I have demonstrated that I have smelly feet. But lately it's been a pain because they have the nazi or the head security guy there.

We're not allowed to bring in extra shoes here and they tried to stop me once when I was running late. I didn't have time to change into my boots so I wore my dress shoes and carried my boots in. He tried to stop me but I just walked past him.

We don't have an issue with hour lies stealing right now. It's a few PT sups that are stealing. And they get away with it because security lets them walk right through. So either they have to start searching everyone or just let everyone go through. They can't discriminate based on job classification.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will cooperate with security to a point, but every once in awhile we get one who decides to go overboard and there will be a line 15 people long standing out in the rain waiting to get through. At that point, I just walk through and ignore the guard. I will take UPS's security precautions as seriously as UPS chooses to take them--so if "security" consists of one unarmed, minimum-wage guard with a malfunctioning metal detector, I'm not taking it seriously at all.

watdaflock?

I'd buy a thong and change into only it before going through security. Would be really pleasant if I showed my flexibility and grabbed both ankles while wearing a mesh thong...

Box Ox

I thought about wearing my pants from when I was really fat and when they ask me to take off my belt I would let em drop.

Probably not a bad idea. Saying "Aren't you going to buy me a drink first?" right before you do might make things less awkward. Could also make it into a sexy dance. Just blame it on Magic Mike XXL.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Get a see through bag, and boots that aren't steel toe, then you won't have to do anything. I'm a driver now though, so I do whatever I want. LOL.

Deemster

We have a senior guard at one of our guard gates. Let's just say he is highly unliked. On more than one occasion his line backs up to 20 to 30 people trying to get in to get to their work area.

Atleast he isn't the one checking people on the way out he probably would of been beat down already.

When boot check comes up as flavor of the month we are usually requested to lift our pants legs so security can see the ankle of our boots and then off we go

Deemster

No one has asked me to remove my boots. If they did I would kindly have to ask them to remove the for me and they better lace them up when their finished lol

EmraldArcher

Good luck

Bull:censored2:. You can't get fired for contractually based discipline if you're off the clock.