Walking Past Security

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's no big deal at my center either. One of the unload belts starts at the customer counter and I see people just come in and drop pre-labeled packages on the belt and leave.

It is a big deal as we have no idea what may be in any of those packages.

What if the customer gets hurt while placing packages on one of our belts?

browntroll

i am glad theres less profiling by regular security guards but the higher up loss prevention still profile. i still know a driver that refuses to
say hi to me if hes wearing his browns, we also have an hr person that says shes "too busy" to help part timers but if you have a suit or
a uniform on she will help you out right away.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anything you are stealing, just throw on the counter in plain sight. Get checked, then leave.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Anything you are stealing, just throw on the counter in plain sight. Get checked, then leave.
Lol that would work. Its the guys stuffing phones in their boots that get caught. If an inside guy wanted to steal a phone they could probably walk out with it in their hand. Too funny.

Haezzlenut

I recognize this thread is from June but it matches my question. Where would I get a clear bag that will hold up in the pen. We.don't have lockers. And I got reprimanded by security going out with a backpack with food and my driver helper uniform. I leave with my driver sometimes, and have.no car.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I recognize this thread is from June but it matches my question. Where would I get a clear bag that will hold up in the pen. We.don't have lockers. And I got reprimanded by security going out with a backpack with food and my driver helper uniform. I leave with my driver sometimes, and have.no car.

Ask your driver if he would mind sharing his locker with you so that you can change upstairs.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
did you ask the guard? what do your co-workers do? every hubs security and every guard is different. we had a female guard that wanded everyone, then she started a pat down. she did not last long. i just walked right out on here until she reported me and a supervisor had to walk me out thru the guard shack. once he saw what the guard was doing she was canned or transferred.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
did you ask the guard? what do your co-workers do? every hubs security and every guard is different. we had a female guard that wanded everyone, then she started a pat down. she did not last long. i just walked right out on here until she reported me and a supervisor had to walk me out thru the guard shack. once he saw what the guard was doing she was canned or transferred.
Pat downs? I would turn around, walk back inside and find an LP sup immediately. I'll empty my pockets, take off my boots and open my bag so they can look inside. But touch employees and they won't have a job for long.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Pat downs? I would turn around, walk back inside and find an LP sup immediately. I'll empty my pockets, take off my boots and open my bag so they can look inside. But touch employees and they won't have a job for long.
I'm with you. If I see a guard touching people in line ahead of me,I'm returning to the building and getting a steward and a FT UPS sup.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You must be a delight going through airport security.
Are you slow? Airport security vs some 9 buck a hour rent-a-cop at ups? Not even in the same universe. If LP and my steward are present for a pat down...I'd agree to it. But Joe Schmo security guard just deciding on his own to cop a feel? Yeeeeeeah...I don't get paid enough for that.

Incidentally...the last time I flew...I was scanned, patted down and hand swabbed by the TSA at LaGuardia. Coming back from Midway....just walked thru the scanner and was on my way.