Walkway egress in driver car

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
"When you're done, you can bulk out the truck front to back and top to bottom." That implies you stacked out packages which UPS says you are not supposed to do. Anyone who has loaded knows you stack out bulk but the "experts" sitting in offices don't like that. They claim it slows you down to double handle packages. And of course, load quality doesn't show up on their reports.
We call them pencil pushers and we don't care what they say. Just like in the military. If you need something done, do you ask the Lt. in charge or do you go find the Sgt?

While all the pencil pushers ideas may look good on paper, they do not work in real life.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
We call them pencil pushers and we don't care what they say. Just like in the military. If you need something done, do you ask the Lt. in charge or do you go find the Sgt?

While all the pencil pushers ideas may look good on paper, they do not work in real life.

I am not a driver but I know sometimes their numbers aren't practical. Their based on conditions being all but perfect. It is funny they tell everyone to be aware of changing conditions but that don't apply to their numbers. Which can be effected by any number of things.

10 point

Not my problem or concern either----just stating a fact that there are drivers who could have a Clarksville day and still come in overallowed yet their cover drivers bring it in.
Who the heck cares?

It's not my job to state "facts" about other employees work ethics.

The PDS doesn't give us 100% either but thats not my concern.

I can file 9.5s and deal with MY work issues but other's overallowed and stupidity is not my business nor is it worth my attention to note it unless it's a safety issue that's affecting me.

When I settled that issue in my mind my job got so much less stressful.

Packmule

If you can't access it, deliver when you can access it. Before ORION came along, we all got rid of most of our bulk in the center of the truck first. If they make you follow ORION, and you cannot get to a package that it is telling you to deliver, skip it and go to the next one.

You will eventually find a stop that you can get to the package. But then again, this is one of the reasons UPS only expects you to hit 85% compliance. They know ORION is flawed.

They would expect you to deliver some of that bulk to clear a path and then follow ORION. This should still keep you at or better than 85%.

edit: They will never require 100% compliance because they know it is flawed.
Thanks. We don't have it here yet. This summer I hear it's coming. Not sure how well it's going to work on my extended rural route. Guess we'll see when we get there.

HBGPreloader

Here is the link to OSHA rules that pertain to egress and notes "An exit access must be at least 28 inches (71.1 center manager) wide at all points..."
https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=9724&p_table=STANDARDS
However, I think it's worth noting that these rules would not apply to what happens inside of the trailers or package cars because they are not permanent structures.
To the best of my knowledge, no such regulations exist. However, looking at a previous post here...
http://www.browncafe.com/community/...irement-attn-reloaders-osha-violation.349098/
The regulations could be interpreted to apply to trailers.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The driver dictates his own egress throughout the day..they say.
Yeah i had a space and vis ride last week and my on car wanted to drive leaving the building. I let him but asked him to take it easy on the corners. He said okay but didn't and took them fast. At the first stop I opened the back door and said this is why I asked you to take it easy on the corners as RDR and RDL was now one big pile in the middle mixed with 7900 crap rained from above. Oh, sorry he said. That took 15 minutes to fix...

10 point

Yeah i had a space and vis ride last week and my on car wanted to drive leaving the building. I let him but asked him to take it easy on the corners. He said okay but didn't and took them fast. At the first stop I opened the back door and said this is why I asked you to take it easy on the corners as RDR and RDL was now one big pile in the middle mixed with 7900 crap rained from above. Oh, sorry he said. That took 15 minutes to fix...
Too bad it wasn't a production ride.

FiXiE.GuRL

400 packages in a 500 and half of them large iregs = no pathway

Lmfao

Attachments

• 1422193452051.jpg
    1422193452051.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 141