Wall Street Journal Today...Not Good

bbsam

Staff member
Did you not read R1a's dissertation on actual employees being required by the FAA to handle air cargo until it arrived at the destination ramp? I've no doubt times are going to be lean, but the apocalyptic vision of some of you folks is even beyond what Memphis is capable of. Wishful thinking...
Express can hire part-time soccer moms. And I have no apocalyptic visions, but you seem to think that there is a floor, that there is a point Fred can't possibly go beyond. That may be, but I don't think you have a clear idea of where that point is.

vantexan

Express can hire part-time soccer moms. And I have no apocalyptic visions, but you seem to think that there is a floor, that there is a point Fred can't possibly go beyond. That may be, but I don't think you have a clear idea of where that point is.

Maybe, but I'm betting the floor won't fall through in 6 months.

Nick9075

The article talks about global weakness but doesn't mention the USA. Growth is slower but not collapsing.

I dont' believe these dire forecasts -- we are going to have a very strong 4th quarter primarily in consumer spending. I was at Target last night outside of Boston and it was slammed like week before Christmas and I am sure online purchases are strong or stronger than last year.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe, but I'm betting the floor won't fall through in 6 months.
Six months ago R1a, yourself, and others were absolutely convinced a certain amount of volume from Express wasn't going to be shifted to Ground. I wouldn't take that bet if I were you.

vantexan

Six months ago R1a, yourself, and others were absolutely convinced a certain amount of volume from Express wasn't going to be shifted to Ground. I wouldn't take that bet if I were you.

A certain amount sure. All of it? Don't think so.

bbsam

Staff member
So now you are convinced to a certain amount after 6 months of watching it unfold but still think yourself indispensible to Fred for the rest? Or are you willing to play the role of soccer mom in a minivan?

vantexan

So now you are convinced to a certain amount after 6 months of watching it unfold but still think yourself indispensible to Fred for the rest? Or are you willing to play the role of soccer mom in a minivan?

No, I just don't buy your scenario.

Lordtekk

I must have passed about 10 Ground Guys today,not one said hello or even acknowledged me , talk about rude. I almost got vapors. Vantexan I don't like your politics but you have my respect as a fellow employee.

vantexan

I must have passed about 10 Ground Guys today,not one said hello or even acknowledged me , talk about rude. I almost got vapors. Vantexan I don't like your politics but you have my respect as a fellow employee.

Like Bill Clinton said at the convention last night: We're all in this together!

check6ii

Clinton is a liar, a cheat, and a womanizer. He ushered in NAFTA and thats why so many jobs left the USA. friend$%K him!!!!!

Goldilocks

Clinton is a liar, a cheat, and a womanizer. He ushered in NAFTA and thats why so many jobs left the USA. friend$%K him!!!!!

Yep! "I never had sexual relations with that woman" Yea right Bill!!! I would have respected Hilary more as a women if she would have dropped him to the curb. But she wanted her fame.....They will pay in the end.....