wallet checks...?

rod

Retired 22 years
Who knows----maybe you could be stealing wallets. There used to be an old joke about the Mexican that rode his bike across the border every day and the guards knew he was smuggling something but couldn't figure what---------turned out to be bicycles.

evilleace

We dont have guards or metal detectors stories like this make me glad but if we did there is no way I would let them search my wallet unless a steward was there to watch and then they better have a damn good reason that is an invasion of privacy in my opinion.

blackcircle

I'd tell them to stick it. You're allowed a wallet, keys, and watch here.

Could be a move by the security guard to get people to leave their wallets in their cars so their buddy can break into peoples cars. Here the security guards are mostly scuzzy looking temps without any CLEET certs or other training.

I like being the first one out in the morning and opening the door to the guard shack so fast that they almost fall out of their chair and I'm out the other end before they realize whats going on. They should be guarding something and not sleeping anyway :peaceful:

deathracer

well they haven't checked my wallet yet but i do see them check some employees wallets, im guessing they are the ones that they suspect of stealing? a guy told me that they always scan and check his wallet whenever he walks out and that they have been doing it to him for a long time, any thoughts that security have information on who steals cause i always see some guys walk out like if the metal detector did not even go off,while others while one security gaurd is scanning the person with wand another is also scanning the person with their eyes even if someone else already went through second metal detector.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Here it depends on what security guards are on duty. Some of them take their job VERY seriously. Others not so much. I went to Philadelphia not long after I got hired and when we were coming back through security in the morning the guard's wand kept going off when she waved it across my back. She made me take my shirt off and it was still going off. She made me wait until she called her supe to clear me. She actually made the other driver take his dirty underwear out and shake them.
Lots of theft at PHLPA by the part timers

M

Mike23

i still cant believe i have to be punched out when im searched (electronically with the metal detector) every day when i go home. its a small amount of time 10-15seconds but thats besides the point, if im "released from duty" why am i being searched by a ups security guard?

At 10 secs that's almost an hours pay a year! They're stealing time!!! ;)

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Jewelry. We cant take drinks out of the building because guys were putting jewelry in cans or cups full of soda.

and thus the checks.

try wearing a suit...they search the crap out of you just becasue they want to be sure you know they are doing thier jobs

:whiteflag:

brett636

I don't even take my wallet out of my pocket when I go through the metal detector. There is no metal in it to set it off so I see no reason to remove it from my person.

KidUPS

i still cant believe i have to be punched out when im searched (electronically with the metal detector) every day when i go home. its a small amount of time 10-15seconds but thats besides the point, if im "released from duty" why am i being searched by a ups security guard?

Just think about it as paying back the company for the paid restroom breaks and hand washing at the end of the night.

wisedragonfly

i heard they might start doing these at our hub can they?
can we tell security gaurd they can not check what is in our wallet?
i usually have my wallet when on me no matter what. when walking through metal detector i keep it in my hand, today my friend was telling me they were checking his wallet like if he stole something, and that they started doing it to everyone walking out late.

I wear hearing aids and security made me open my hearing aid case to show them what was inside. I don't even come in contact with packages. Then the hubworker who exited right behind me walked out with a backpack and the metal detector was steady buzzing and the guard never searched that backpack. I was not a happy camper that day! :biting:

tieguy

Banned
We dont have guards or metal detectors stories like this make me glad but if we did there is no way I would let them search my wallet unless a steward was there to watch and then they better have a damn good reason that is an invasion of privacy in my opinion.

you're going to spend an extra half hour a day in the guard shack waiting for them to find a steward?