Wally's Glossary of Terms: "What is that"?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So, yet another thread pops up with terms or abbreviations you never heard before, or heard, but you are not quite sure of their meaning? Swing driver, cover driver, TCD, Optional week, etc, all or some new to you? Well, this is the thread to explain it all, once and for all. All you do is, list the term in question and give a simple explanation.

Johney

I will help you with how it is here Wally. A swing driver is a Full-time driver who does not have a bid run and covers empty runs for that day. They are guaranteed 8 hours. Swing drivers pick their route for that day by seniority. Here is a good example, the highest senior swing driver in the center I left for feeders had 28 years Full-time driver seniority.

PT Car Washer

In my building Bid Cover drivers choose which route they want to cover that day or week based on seniority. All other cover drivers (FT) are assigned open routes by area knowledge or the needs of the company. No TCD or PT cover drivers.

Wally

Split Driver - A Split Driver (in Local 177), is a full time driver with Union seniority that does not have his or her's own bid route. They cover as needed, regular bid routes and splits. Usually, split drivers are of lower seniority.

Wally

Split Route- A Split Route (Local 177) is parts of a regular bid route, done by another driver, or drivers. A split route that covers a wide area is often jokingly referred to as a World Split.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Split Driver - A Split Driver (in Local 177), is a full time driver with Union seniority that does not have his or her's own bid route. They cover as needed, regular bid routes and splits. Usually, split drivers are of lower seniority.

Split Route- A Split Route (Local 177) is parts of a regular bid route, done by another driver, or drivers. A split route that covers a wide area is often jokingly referred to as a World Split.

We refer to them as "smilet routes" ...... Hope this helps.

Wally

Runner-Gunner- A "Runner-Gunner" is a term used in this forum to describe a driver that does all they can, to finish as fast as they can, not always in a good way. Working through lunch, although illegal, is a prime example of Runner-Gunner behavior.

BuryMeInCardboard

Over-allowed and proud
Runner-Gunner- A "Runner-Gunner" is a term used in this forum to describe a driver that does all they can, to finish as fast as they can, not always in a good way. Working through lunch, although illegal, is a prime example of Runner-Gunner behavior.
I refer to these guys as "scab :censored2:bags". Most of my center is like this; hardly any unity. I have guys in a small circle from my previous center here who fight the good fight. I stay away from all the others. They all like to get intimidated into working unsafe because they're 0.8 paid over and "need to be scratch". I'm happy everyday at 1.3 paid over.