Wally's list of things that make Package Car drivers heads want to explode!

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
If that was stacked more efficiently the strap wouldn't be needed.
That is why I like the strap, I can stack quicker and go, not sit there and worry about putting boxes in order. Also how are you going to get over curbs without a strap so it would not matter how efficiently you stack boxes if you do not have a strap.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've pulled full carts over curbs many times without a strap without any problems. But different strokes for different folks I guess

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The strap definitely helps when you need to add that extra package or two when you are hand trucking down the street, doing multiple stops far from your package car. I used to have a route that I used it everyday on.

Oh Shoot

That is why I like the strap, I can stack quicker and go, not sit there and worry about putting boxes in order. Also how are you going to get over curbs without a strap so it would not matter how efficiently you stack boxes if you do not have a strap.
If it all doesn't fit on one trip make another trip = more $$$

Boulevard859710

This is a union job, I dont get paid to move you garbage from truck to truck. You are a big boy, move your own crap. How am I suppose to tell the difference between your water bottles and urine bottles? I dont think so. Maybe you are a clean person and not a dirt ball. Guess what? There are alot of dirty drivers, with garbage piled up in the back. Im not moving your urine bottles or your rotten sandwich.
Excuse me?! Give me notice you're going to pull the :censored2:ing
truck and I'll move my :censored2: my damn self. The whole point of the post. :censored2:ing read! And yes I am clean. I'm talking my crate of DR bags, tape, delivery notices, and my water jug.

MrBrown

Servicing cvs (ie pharmacy). Do they all suck? "Oh they need you at the pharmacy" i walk back to pharmacy me: "got something going out"? While practically waiting my turn in line. Them: "we have this pkg do u have the label"? If I had a call tag I would have BROUGHT IT IN! Different time and location i had a lady say she had one going out and if I could take it. I said yes as long as its all ready to go and all taped up. She says "yup its all ready just gotta go throw some tape on it"... or one particular stop where it's a pain to get anyone to sign even though I'm the only driver who brings their pkgs in from the dock area to them. Find a guy on second floor who will sign, give him the friendly greeting of the day with diad in hand ready to sign. He just kinda ignores me and continues on with what he's doing. So I ask "are you not available to sign"? He gets all frumpy and says "you guys are always in such a damn hurry". I punched out at 8 that night. Hmm I wonder why. I could go on and on. Trying to work on the stress they're only packages

wayfair

swollen member
Servicing cvs (ie pharmacy). Do they all suck? "Oh they need you at the pharmacy" i walk back to pharmacy me: "got something going out"? While practically waiting my turn in line. Them: "we have this pkg do u have the label"? If I had a call tag I would have BROUGHT IT IN! Different time and location i had a lady say she had one going out and if I could take it. I said yes as long as its all ready to go and all taped up. She says "yup its all ready just gotta go throw some tape on it"... or one particular stop where it's a pain to get anyone to sign even though I'm the only driver who brings their pkgs in from the dock area to them. Find a guy on second floor who will sign, give him the friendly greeting of the day with diad in hand ready to sign. He just kinda ignores me and continues on with what he's doing. So I ask "are you not available to sign"? He gets all frumpy and says "you guys are always in such a damn hurry". I punched out at 8 that night. Hmm I wonder why. I could go on and on. Trying to work on the stress they're only packages

Your response should be,

"I'll be back...."

tomorrow...

Gear

Parts on Order
Excuse me?! Give me notice you're going to pull the :censored2:ing
truck and I'll move my :censored2: my damn self. The whole point of the post. :censored2:ing read! And yes I am clean. I'm talking my crate of DR bags, tape, delivery notices, and my water jug.

Its not your truck, I dont have to give you anything. The world doesnt revolve around you. I dont care how long you've been here. What do you want me to do, stand at the door and wait for you to come in? I think we have 100 drivers at my center. If I pull the truck, you know where to find it. Drive the replacement truck around and load up your crap. You are not the most important person at your center.

MrBrown

Your response should be,

"I'll be back...."

tomorrow...

And I do. However I wear my heart on my sleeve, and have been told I can come of as agressive/rude/mean when I don't mean to be. In a sitch like cvs where theres 8 people in line for their various meds I try to play nice. 20 seconds is usually my grace period b4 I say I have to keep moving on (save businesses that ship volume everyday)