Wally's list- Stuff that sucks to have in load!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wally's list- Stuff that sucks to have in load! ©

Yea, we deliver it no matter what. But lets face it, some stuff sucks to have in the load. You know, the stuff that never would make it into a Clarksville load. Well, I'm making a list. Suggestions are welcomed, and your suggestions will be added to the list with full credit! These are in no particular order:

Wine/Beer- These wouldn't be so bad except, signature is required! More and more wine is being shipped. Plenty of Will Calls for the customer counter.

​Exercise Equipment- Got to love the big, bulky, treadmills. "Shall we put it in the garage now or will you wait a few weeks"?

Pottery Barn- So large, so bulky. The way they can fill a load is just dreamy!

Tires- Tires have a big problem. They roll and have a big hole in the middle, perfect to lose smalls in. They also seem to come in waves too. Three tire stops can really wreck the day.

Rugs- Don't you just love when a rug gets jammed in a bulk head door.

Plants- Why does dirt have to leak all over?

Furniture- (The bolt it together type of stuff)
Usually over 70's with the edges banged up from rolling. Do I deliver, or send it back as damaged? Closet systems are a real pain as they come in 22 parcels of over-sized goodness!

Paper- Cases of paper, always about ten of them- second floor with no elevator. (upschuck)

Last edited:
Anything that the shipper packages half-assed. I feel sorry for the guy who's going to get the stuff I see going through the building.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center processes a ton of RTA furniture, built in Canada and sold by Walmart.

Our center delivers to a lot of Canadian customers. Canadians are required to change their tires over to snow tires on or before 15 Nov. so we get a ton of tires going to the UPS Store and other similar places.

We are not allowed to ship beer.

upschuck

Our center processes a ton of RTA furniture, built in Canada and sold by Walmart.

Our center delivers to a lot of Canadian customers. Canadians are required to change their tires over to snow tires on or before 15 Nov. so we get a ton of tires going to the UPS Store and other similar places.

We are not allowed to ship beer.

We do ship beer, but it only comes from those that have a special contract for that. I get a few "Beer of the Month" boxes, most weeks.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I deliver to a lot of trucking companies (YRC, Schneider, Old Dominion, Shaffer/Crete, Heartland Express, Penske), trucking repair places (Volvo, Kenworth), vehicle parts warehouse (Fleetpride for trucks and NAPA district warehouse) and a crap ton of other places that get O/70s and such regularly. I could basically do without all that crap. Especially when they put something 50lbs in a box that is meant to hold a set of legos. Genius!!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How about all those surepost packages......................................................oh wait...outsourcing our jobs again!...My bad
ugh don't get me started with my growing hatred of surepost. Cases of paper suck...not so much because they're heavy, but the unload manages to break open every one! Yay, here's 15 cases of paper that need tape. Banded tires...they don't stack nicely and they smell. Anything from pottery barn. Air conditioners. Boxes of live fish in august. The crates of bees....scare me! Oh and for the NY drivers with high school stops....don't ya just love Regents week??

Re: Wally's list- Stuff that sucks to have in load! ©

Yea, we deliver it no matter what. But lets face it, some stuff sucks to have in the load. You know, the stuff that never would make it into a Clarksville load. Well, I'm making a list. Suggestions are welcomed, and your suggestions will be added to the list with full credit! These are in no particular order:

Wine/Beer- These wouldn't be so bad except, signature is required! More and more wine is being shipped. Plenty of Will Calls for the customer counter.

​Exercise Equipment- Got to love the big, bulky, treadmills. "Shall we put it in the garage now or will you wait a few weeks"?

Pottery Barn- So large, so bulky. The way they can fill a load is just dreamy!

Tires- Tires have a big problem. They roll and have a big hole in the middle, perfect to lose smalls in. They also seem to come in waves too. Three tire stops can really wreck the day.

Rugs- Don't you just love when a rug gets jammed in a bulk head door.

Plants- Why does dirt have to leak all over?

Furniture- (The bolt it together type of stuff)
Usually over 70's with the edges banged up from rolling. Do I deliver, or send it back as damaged? Closet systems are a real pain as they come in 22 parcels of over-sized goodness!

Paper- Cases of paper, always about ten of them- second floor with no elevator. (upschuck)

Let's talk about the stuff we keep in our car that makes the day go by instead. Back scratcher pillow rug cot dental floss salt&pepper shaker ect ect.