Wally's list- Stuff that sucks to have in load!

FilingBluesFL

Victoria's Secret packages, especially when it's not being shipped to a sexy woman ;D

Try working at walmart, and having to sell a fat woman "Womens Intimates..." *shudder*

Been there. 60 cases. almost fell over when they asked me to drop one at each class room. Prinicipal was pretty steamed when I,left them all in the very small front office and DRd them when they refused to sign until I did what they asked.

This one time, this woman in a doctors office says to me, "Ok, now that stuff can go over there, and then you can go ahead and put those cases of printer paper away in this closet over here..." They were not the full size legal letter sizes, they were the half size dot matrix type papers...

"Uh, yeah, we don't put away things for people." "Well the other guy does it!" "Well, when he comes back from vacation, he can go ahead and do that for you."

So she got pissed off and grabbed each box of paper by the strap, and literally threw them one handed into the closet.

Customers are amazing...

Cementups

Box Monkey
Been there. 60 cases. almost fell over when they asked me to drop one at each class room. Prinicipal was pretty steamed when I,left them all in the very small front office and DRd them when they refused to sign until I did what they asked.

I would have asked if they would like me to get my boss on the phone so he could inform that our policy is only to the door. If they still refused to sign, I would have been walking right bad out to my truck with the first load and marking the whole shipment as refused. Sorry, dems da brakes!!

oldngray

nowhere special
I would have asked if they would like me to get my boss on the phone so he could inform that our policy is only to the door. If they still refused to sign, I would have been walking right bad out to my truck with the first load and marking the whole shipment as refused. Sorry, dems da brakes!!

I had a school where the people in the office expected deliveries to be made all over the building. When they got a lot it was usually books for special programs paid for by the state, and the teacher in charge was a major a-hole. The custodian was cool though and there was a little dock by his office and he would sign for stuff, even though it made the office people mad.

oldngray

nowhere special
The worst thing I ever loaded was crickets. Half would be dead...and the smell was awful.

Mealworms were worse. I had a pet store that got them as food for snakes and reptiles, and they were labeled ship air only on the box. But instead they were shipped ground from a place 2 days away (not counting weekend). In the summer heat the odor of those things would make you want to puke. I always got rid of them at 10 am as soon as the store opened.

blkmamba

Mealworms were worse. I had a pet store that got them as food for snakes and reptiles, and they were labeled ship air only on the box. But instead they were shipped ground from a place 2 days away (not counting weekend). In the summer heat the odor of those things would make you want to puke. I always got rid of them at 10 am as soon as the store opened.

Never had to deal with mealworms, if they are worse that crickets that sucks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Do they still use the semi heavy duty plastic bags for smalls? Not the forever bags or inclemet weather bags but the nice large plastic bags.

JakeD

at least last year we used forever bags for smalls going to Smartpost. we'd give them to pick up places that would have smalls too.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I use dr bags all the time. Say for example a customer gets 9 qvc packages and 8 are the white bags and 1 box. Its easier to put the 8 in a dr bag and carry the 1 box. Totes come in handy too to keep boxes in while your delivering resies, up in the cab instead of having to run to back as much especially during peak. I know some numbnutt is going to comment on that but whatever. You do your thing and ill do mine, simple as that.

S

serenity now

my hit parade would include: u-assemble furniture, multiple cases of paper, 80lb. rolls of fabric, redneck tires, boxes of onion sets, bees, plastic 5 gal. buckets, sleep number beds, bowflex equip. (remember that craze), schoolbooks in July and August,
Pottery Barn the size of a Volkswagen, highway signs boxed from the manufacturer, banded metal posts for the highway signs, people that move and ship everything they own except the furniture all on the same day..........

Sure I'm forgetting some........

Anything for the Veterinary Disease Lab in a styrofoam cooler ( God help you, if one of those things breaks open)

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Do they still use the semi heavy duty plastic bags for smalls? Not the forever bags or inclemet weather bags but the nice large plastic bags.

Have not seen those in years. I remember the plastic "bread wrapper" style clip they had for them also. No, once the forever bags were implemented, the heavy plastic bags were doomed. They also doubled as the world's best DR bag of all time, bar none. Especially for heavy stuff like books. When people still read real books.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
my hit parade would include: u-assemble furniture, multiple cases of paper, 80lb. rolls of fabric, redneck tires, boxes of onion sets, bees, plastic 5 gal. buckets, sleep number beds, bowflex equip. (remember that craze), schoolbooks in July and August,
Pottery Barn the size of a Volkswagen, highway signs boxed from the manufacturer, banded metal posts for the highway signs, people that move and ship everything they own except the furniture all on the same day..........

Sure I'm forgetting some........

Anything for the Veterinary Disease Lab in a styrofoam cooler ( God help you, if one of those things breaks open)

Bees? On a side note, I went to school "with" that Bowflex dude. I would see him frequently IN THE OLYMPIC GYM. LOL. Guy was about 5 foot 6. Name was Chad. Veterinary Science major.