WalMart Ends PT Benefits, Fred Salivates

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Our execs, like execs everywhere, are given stock options. If they increase profits investors will buy our stock for the dividends. The demand for the stock will drive the price of the stock up, which will allow the execs to exercise their options and make a very tidy profit for themselves. Those that already own alot of stock, like Fred S, are happy because they not only get increased dividends but their net worth goes up and if they sell some stock they can pull even more cash out. That's what it's all about. And everything they've done in the last 17 or so years concerning employees is to see just how much they can take from us while pushing us to be more productive and thus be more profitable and enrich themselves. If you can't see this then I don't know what else I can say.

I'm picking nits here, so take it as such...

Relatively few investors buy stocks for dividends and FDX stock isn't a very good choice at all if you want to make money on dividends. The execs' obligation is to the shareholders and the primary obligation to the shareholders is to keep the stock price at an acceptable level. If you're of the "they're killing us to protect the stock price" school of thought then the wise strategy is to buy FDX stock.

vantexan

I'm picking nits here, so take it as such...
Relatively few investors buy stocks for dividends and FDX stock isn't a very good choice at all if you want to make money on dividends. The execs' obligation is to the shareholders and the primary obligation to the shareholders is to keep the stock price at an acceptable level. If you're of the "they're killing us to protect the stock price" school of thought then the wise strategy is to buy FDX stock.

The big mutual fund houses that handle 401k's buy stock in bulk, collect the dividends, and sell shares for a profit afterwards. Yep, the few shares I could buy will make me a hundrednaire someday.

TUT

FedEx has a masterful PR Department. The point is that FedEx actually was a great company to work for, which is no longer the case.

I really believe you are narrow sighted. It's the sign of the times. It's why there is "Occupy" and "99%'ers". It's happening all over. Corporate is gaining too much control. Fine you can be pissed at Fedex. I tend to just be pissed at them all.

Ghostwriter

OK TUT- You are right. I agree, the truth is that there is no hope for the future. There will be a sharp decline of doctors. Med insurance will probably dive into every aspect of our personal lives. Do you own a firearm? Rate increase! Do you use tobacco? Rate increase! Do you consume carbonated beverages? Rate increase! Do you consume caffeine? Rate increase! Do you view violent movies? Rate increase! I think you could ask 10,000,000 more of these questions to wrench a "rate increase". The real fact is that whatever a human does on a daily basis will eventually kill them or contribute to their death. NEWSFLASH FOR THE MASSES!!! Even if you don't smoke, dip, chew tobacco, drink caffeine, consume or not consume alcohol, eat veggies or take your adult gummy vitamins...we, as natural biological creatures are going to die. It is a fact, it is inevitable, it is unpredictable on a time-scale, and it is certain. Now, turning failing health in elder age, and any and all daily habits into a profit- is what it appears to be the "plan". Don't worry we will probably be lucky to not afford or have health coverage with the decline of the future of quality health care. It is human nature to resist, it is all some of us have left. P.S. I DID work for Fedex. 11 years- so consider my view as an experienced caliber of intelligence......

TUT

OK TUT- You are right. I agree, the truth is that there is no hope for the future. There will be a sharp decline of doctors. Med insurance will probably dive into every aspect of our personal lives. Do you own a firearm? Rate increase! Do you use tobacco? Rate increase! Do you consume carbonated beverages? Rate increase! Do you consume caffeine? Rate increase! Do you view violent movies? Rate increase! I think you could ask 10,000,000 more of these questions to wrench a "rate increase". The real fact is that whatever a human does on a daily basis will eventually kill them or contribute to their death. NEWSFLASH FOR THE MASSES!!! Even if you don't smoke, dip, chew tobacco, drink caffeine, consume or not consume alcohol, eat veggies or take your adult gummy vitamins...we, as natural biological creatures are going to die. It is a fact, it is inevitable, it is unpredictable on a time-scale, and it is certain. Now, turning failing health in elder age, and any and all daily habits into a profit- is what it appears to be the "plan". Don't worry we will probably be lucky to not afford or have health coverage with the decline of the future of quality health care. It is human nature to resist, it is all some of us have left. P.S. I DID work for Fedex. 11 years- so consider my view as an experienced caliber of intelligence......

Not sure of your point to me. But ok. All I've been saying is there is a person here that is attacking one company which in general is happening to all companies around us. (Forest from the trees) If that somehow relates to what you wrote, again ok.

Ghostwriter

Not sure of your point to me. But ok. All I've been saying is there is a person here that is attacking one company which in general is happening to all companies around us. (Forest from the trees) If that somehow relates to what you wrote, again ok.

OK- I guess I just got into a pointless rant... Seemed like a good place to jump in. Thanks for responding.