Walmart Portrait Studio

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It appears I now have to deliver the Portrait Studio up front along with Vision and Pharmacy. Stop just appeared today in my EDD with a note attached. Thanks for the heads up mgmnt. Judging by the "People of Walmart" website the last thing the store needs is a portrait studio. :knockedout:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have always delivered Vision/Salon/Bank/Pharmacy/Nail Shop/Portrait Studio/Subway/H&R Block in the front. One of the portrait studio employees told me they switched their shipping to us and asked me if we would bring their stuff in the front and, yes, there was a stupid note in EDD and I had to verify that I delivered the pkg to the portrait studio.

I wish they would stop treating us like 2nd graders.

wornoutupser

Oh Boy- we should have the MANAGERS of Walmart!

My store has a manager that is threatening to send me to JAIL if I park on the front curb. He tells me that I HAVE to park either in the rear of the store or the very last spot in the parking lot with the other "vendors" to deliver the front of the store.

I told him that I dont sell him anything and that I am not a vendor. I also told him that if he calls the cops that I will sue his butt off. So far he has backed down. My management team refuses to address the issue. Just another day in Central Florida!

klein

Für Meno :)
You folks don't have Walmart Hair Salons , yet ?
That's a good one - upfront with 20 something heavy boxes every week.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My guy in recieving takes all but Vision and Pharma until this.
Your guy? LOL Dude, it's a stop, and you get tou carouse with others like you, well, all except the furry coat of yours.

We have always delivered Vision/Salon/Bank/Pharmacy/Nail Shop/Portrait Studio/Subway/H&R Block in the front. One of the portrait studio employees told me they switched their shipping to us and asked me if we would bring their stuff in the front and, yes, there was a stupid note in EDD and I had to verify that I delivered the pkg to the portrait studio.

I wish they would stop treating us like 2nd graders.
Dude!

Oh Boy- we should have the MANAGERS of Walmart!

My store has a manager that is threatening to send me to JAIL if I park on the front curb. He tells me that I HAVE to park either in the rear of the store or the very last spot in the parking lot with the other "vendors" to deliver the front of the store.

I told him that I dont sell him anything and that I am not a vendor. I also told him that if he calls the cops that I will sue his butt off. So far he has backed down. My management team refuses to address the issue. Just another day in Central Florida!
Hey, any word on the condition of the driver that got ejected from his personal vehicle?

You folks don't have Walmart Hair Salons , yet ?
That's a good one - upfront with 20 something heavy boxes every week.
Um, and you know this how? Besides, aren't Wal-Mart's in Canada called, Wal-Mart, Eh?

cino321

Thank god we haven't let them put a store in NYC yet. I have not and will not step into a walmart.

Regardless of the fact, those are called "Inside Delivery" stops. You do get credit for an additional stop though, make sure you put the appropriate information in the Consignee field on the DIAD. This is according to the "Inside Delivery" DIAD training we had earlier this year.

badpal

Thank god we haven't let them put a store in NYC yet. I have not and will not step into a walmart.

Regardless of the fact, those are called "Inside Delivery" stops. You do get credit for an additional stop though, make sure you put the appropriate information in the Consignee field on the DIAD. This is according to the "Inside Delivery" DIAD training we had earlier this year.
Funny how things are different around the country here walmart is like a HOLY SHRINE. I cannot imagine life without them. The news of a new walmart openning is as exciting as it gets around here. Just try going into one once Cino its almost a religious experience.

Receiving probably finally got talked to about accepting smartstyle deliveries. I've been told that smartstyle is not part of walmart.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Can't wait till Walmart starts having us open the parcels and stocking the shelves for them. Help them lower prices even more.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sorry I thought I read somewhere that they would not take it for you. Don't tell them what you learnt here.

The guy knows I stop in front for other stops but so far he hasn't brought it up. Maybe he has a thing for one of the stylists.

brown bomber

brown bomber
1 address....1 delivery, for wal-mart.......however for other customers, I was more than happy to make separate deliveries to the mail-room, warehouse, and corporate offices