Walmart Portrait Studio

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Oh Boy- we should have the MANAGERS of Walmart!

My store has a manager that is threatening to send me to JAIL if I park on the front curb. He tells me that I HAVE to park either in the rear of the store or the very last spot in the parking lot with the other "vendors" to deliver the front of the store.

I told him that I dont sell him anything and that I am not a vendor. I also told him that if he calls the cops that I will sue his butt off. So far he has backed down. My management team refuses to address the issue. Just another day in Central Florida!
If I have a bulk delivery for the hair salon, I use one of the carts in receiving and walk it through the store. If not, I drive up front. LOL

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sorry I thought I read somewhere that they would not take it for you. Don't tell them what you learnt here.
Our Walmart rcvg will NOT accept anything for Pharmacy, Smartstyle, Sunbank, McD's, nail salon. It HAS to be delivered to each individual store. And now, apparently, the photo thingie majig. :happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont have a Mal-Wart on my route (thank God) but I do have a hospital/medical clinic with multiple addresses and offices that can be a nightmare to deliver. The receptionist at one office wants to check every package to see who its for and if it has no name or a name she doesnt recognize she wont sign for it and instead expects me to wander around the whole damn place begging for a signature. It has gotten to the point where I simply say "well its addressed to your office so if you wont sign for it I am going to say you refused it and have it sent back." Once I write her name on the service cross and start walking away with the box, she breaks down and signs for the damn thing. Its like pulling teeth to get a signature sometimes!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've never heard of Smart Style....had to Yahoo it........our Walmart doesn't have one. The smell of the permanent solution would clash with the asiago cheese bread baking at the Subway inside!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've never heard of Smart Style....had to Yahoo it........our Walmart doesn't have one. The smell of the permanent solution would clash with the asiago cheese bread baking at the Subway inside!

Switched from Cost Cutters to Smartstyle a few years ago.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had 12 for them yesterday. They usually get their shipments on Thursdays. The most I have ever had was 32.
I hate delivering to them. They want all thier crap in the back room but there is never enough room to get throught the front. I told them one day, if they didn't open up the entrance (display shelves moved) that I would leave their boxes out front and they could move them themselves. :knockedout:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hate delivering to them. They want all thier crap in the back room but there is never enough room to get throught the front. I told them one day, if they didn't open up the entrance (display shelves moved) that I would leave their boxes out front and they could move them themselves. :knockedout:

I knocked over a lipstick display one day. Told them to add up the damage and I would take care of it when I came back in the afternoon to make the vision center pickup. They told me not to worry about it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I knocked over a lipstick display one day. Told them to add up the damage and I would take care of it when I came back in the afternoon to make the vision center pickup. They told me not to worry about it.

I hope you weren't intending to pay for it out of your own pocket. UPS has insurance to cover that sort of thing. One time I carved a 12" scratch into the side of some guy's brand new Volvo with my handcart. I went and found him and let him know what had happened, and reported it to my management. They had me fill out a form..."public liability" or something like that....and our insurance carrier paid to have the scratch buffed out and painted. Oddly enough, nobody ever chewed me out or gave me a warning letter for it, it did not appear to be a big deal at all. Once I filled out the form I never heard about it again.

I hate delivering to them. They want all their crap in the back room but there is never enough room to get throught the front. I told them one day, if they didn't open up the entrance (display shelves moved) that I would leave their boxes out front and they could move them themselves. :knockedout:

When I used to swing the mall route I`d have stores that wouldn`t open the back door but wanted their stuff in the back. Knocking enough stuff off racks or displays on the way through, accidentally of course, motivated them to open the door the next day.
I used to keep a mental list of who`s backroom was up to snuff and when I`d bump into the fire marshall I may have steered him in their direction.:devil3:

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I used to swing the mall route I`d have stores that wouldn`t open the back door but wanted their stuff in the back. Knocking enough stuff off racks or displays on the way through, accidentally of course, motivated them to open the door the next day.
I used to keep a mental list of who`s backroom was up to snuff and when I`d bump into the fire marshall I may have steered him in their direction.:devil3:
Fire Marshall Bill ??

What'dyabringmetoday???

I hope you weren't intending to pay for it out of your own pocket. UPS has insurance to cover that sort of thing. One time I carved a 12" scratch into the side of some guy's brand new Volvo with my handcart. I went and found him and let him know what had happened, and reported it to my management. They had me fill out a form..."public liability" or something like that....and our insurance carrier paid to have the scratch buffed out and painted. Oddly enough, nobody ever chewed me out or gave me a warning letter for it, it did not appear to be a big deal at all. Once I filled out the form I never heard about it again.
Things like that move you up the ladder. Kind of like taking your lunch at the end of the day.

AKX

While i hate going to WalMart to buy anything I dont mind delivering there. They usually cut a route on Monday and Friday and Wal Mart ends up being my 1st stop those days. I back to the dock and they have the bay door open by the time I open my doors. The dock takes their stuff and bakery, nothing else. Vision, pharmacy, smartstyle, bank, photo and Mickey D's are all seperate stops. Had one Friday for Photo. Noticed the note in the board. Stop Complete 9, Inside Delivery.