Want to Know What's Really Happening With the Economy?

vantexan

I recall working a couple of contracts at UPS where all raises went directly into the Health & Welfare Funds.
When I was topped out back in the 80's UPS was making about $3hr more than us. Left us in the dust. Especially with their new contract after the '97 strike.

Up In Smoke

Current GDP 1.6%. Wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
Screenshot_20240524-132311.png
Screenshot_20240524-132210.png
Screenshot_20240524-132210.png

These are the lastest I've seen.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Bloomberg) -- For the first time since the financial crisis, investors in top-rated bonds backed by commercial real estate debt are getting hit with losses.
Buyers of the AAA portion of a $308 million note backed by the mortgage on the 1740 Broadway building in midtown Manhattan got less than three-quarters of their original investment back earlier this month after the loan was sold at a steep discount. It’s the first such loss of the post-crisis era, according to Barclays Plc. All five groups of lower ranking creditors were wiped out.

Market watchers say the fact the pain is reaching all the way up to top-ranked holders, overwhelming safeguards put in place to ensure their full repayment, is a testament to how deeply distressed pockets of the US commercial real estate market have become.

Bonds backed by single mortgages and tied to older office buildings dominated by one anchor tenant — like 1740 Broadway — are especially vulnerable, they say. Some analysts are already predicting further losses as more loans get sold for a fraction of their former value.

Up In Smoke

If wages are truly outpacing inflation then Biden will be reelected.
Stats only paint a small portion of the picture. Voters have to see and feel the difference in order to vote for more of the same. If I were advising Biden, I would highlight the fact that small business creation has nearly doubled during his administration.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you made say $5 more an hour to account for this dreaded inflation you speak of, how much better would your life be? If you can't make $44 work, then $50 isn't going to work for you either.
You've already explained that you're happy with your real wage going down every year.

We can just leave it at that buddy.

vantexan

Stats only paint a small portion of the picture. Voters have to see and feel the difference in order to vote for more of the same. If I were advising Biden, I would highlight the fact that small business creation has nearly doubled during his administration.
If I were advising Biden I would tell him that his policies caused inflation and harmed millions. That he's too senile and infirm to run so if he has a shred of dignity left he should retire at the end of this term. I'd say sooner but he would foist Kamala on us.