Want to stay home today?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
A day off is good for any body, every once in a while.

I took my annual VLO this week. :laughing2:

Just don't become one of the "go home gang" that people forget work at UPS until peak season.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
How nice it is to get a text from one of the bosses this AM asking if I would like the day off. Took me a minute to decide but once I saw the weather report, 87º already 85% humidity thunderstorms in the afternoon and small chance of tornado warnings..........yeah sure, I'll take the day off. Of course, the reason he asked if I wanted the day is because I had an 8 hour request for today and they wouldn't be able to make it happen so it was easier to just give me the day. Sold!!!!

I love this. Wouldn't be able to make it happen. They COULD make it happen if they held up their end of the contract. But they know a huge portion of drivers will just go or stay home, so they don't need to honor 8 HR days.

We don't have 8 HR days in feeders--contractually, anyway--but this is one of the major differences between package car and feeders. In most cases, drivers have no desire to go home. Why would you, unless you were sick? The job is so much less stressful, the job is clear cut and easier to do. For the most part--here anyway--attendance problems are non existent.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpg
Yes you are!