War on christmas

wkmac

That's Santa to me. No need to add, "man dresses as".

Well since it was a "lib" editor who wrote such heresy, does this mean that all "conservative" editors believe in a real and literal Santa Klaus? What is the going opinion on the tooth fairy and Easter Bunny now that the discussion on fantasy and make believe is out in the open?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-5.jpeg

UPS Lifer

It's Santa. Some Lib editor wen't way out of there way to say that it's not. Same ideology that won't call someone that breaks the law and lives here illegally an "illegal immigrant".

Jones is bating you! paraphrase -->"I don't understand?" "What's wrong with that statement. It is accurate right?".... By saying "a man dressed as Santa Claus..." shows the secular intent of the fictional character. If you make a big deal out of it you look foolish. Why? Because it is an accurate statement. However it is not an appropriate statement for those of us who celebrate the Christmas season. The secularist is a selfish person who can't let others especially children enjoy the creative imagination, dreams, and fantasy that is so wonderful about this Christmas Season

Sportello

Jones is bating you! paraphrase -->"I don't understand?" "What's wrong with that statement. It is accurate right?".... By saying "a man dressed as Santa Claus..." shows the secular intent of the fictional character. If you make a big deal out of it you look foolish. Why? Because it is an accurate statement. However it is not an appropriate statement for those of us who celebrate the Christmas season. The secularist is a selfish person who can't let others especially children enjoy the creative imagination, dreams, and fantasy that is so wonderful about this Christmas Season
Please speak English and use proper grammar, or something close to it. Your post is gibberish.

wkmac

The Advent Wreath is both Pagan and Christian, the melding of ancient Celtic Pagan rites in the darkest days of winter with Christian anticipation of the birth of Jesus.

Pagan Origin, Use of the Advent Wreath

rod

Retired 22 years
All I know is that my 5 year old Grand Daughters still believe there is a Santa Clause and that's good enough for me. My 7 year old Grandson just this year has been hearing those awful rumors in school about Santa being Mom and Dad but so far he hasn't spoiled it for his sisters. This could be the last "Real Christmas" at their house.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The war on Christmas...haha...First world problems! The fact that this is a hot topic shows how little we actually have to worry about. I hope fervently that in the future we'll look on this time as the stupid problem it is. In general, no one says Merry Christmas to someone with an agenda. Those that are offended by it have other issues at hand and are :censored2:s. Yeah I said it. Their personal gripe is so important that they'd rather :censored2: on someone else' good clean time than graciously accept that the majority of people around them celebrate this time of year as it is.