War

av8torntn

Here is another chain email that will give some of you a chuckle.

The Presidential election was too close to call. Neither the Republican candidate nor the Democratic candidate had enough votes to win.. There was much talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the sportsmanlike way to settle things. The candidate that caught the most fish at the end of the week would win the election.

Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two candidates to determine the winner.

After much of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest take place on a remote frozen lake in northern Minnesota .

There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out separately on this isolated lake and return at 5 P.M. with their catch for counting and verification by a team of neutral parties. At the end of the first day, McCain returned to the starting line and he had ten fish.

Soon, Obama returned and had no fish. Well, everyone assumed he was just having another 'bad hair' day or something and hopefully, he would catch up the next day.

At the end of the 2nd day McCain came in with 20 fish and Obama came in again with none.

That evening, Harry Reid & Nancy Pelosi got together secretly with Obama and said, 'Obama, We think John McCain is a low-life, cheatin' son-of-a-gun.

Go out tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see just how he is cheating.
'

The next night (after McCain returns with 50 fish), Harry said to Obama, 'Well, tell me, how is John Mc. cheating?' Obama replied, 'Harry, you're not going to believe this, but he's cutting holes in the ice.
'

wkmac

LOL!!!!! Those ice holes get ya every time.

I got a laugh out of this one since we're talking Obama and fishing.

3 Kids Fishing

Barak Obama was out jogging one morning along the

parkway when he tripped, fell over the bridge railing and

landed in the creek below.

Before the Secret Service guys could get to him, 3

kids who were fishing pulled him out of the water.
He was so grateful he offered the kids whatever they

wanted.

The first kid said, 'I want to go to Disneyland '

Barak said, 'No problem, I'll take you there on my

special Senator's airplane.'

The second kid said, 'I want a new pair of Nike Air

Jordan 's shoes.'

Barak said, 'I'll get them for you and even

have Michael Jordan sign them!'

The third kid said, ' I want a motorized wheelchair with a
built in TV and stereo headset!'

Barak was a little perplexed by this and said,
'But you don't look like you're handicapped.'

The kid said, 'I will be after my dad finds out
I saved you from drownin'!'

diesel96

man that rosie had some guns on her.:happy-very:

She was more of a man then Obama ever will be.

I"m conservatively guessing your ok with the lesbian lifestyle from your secular analogy.:thumbup1:..

Nope what I saw was a mother or relative trying to exploit this twelve year old little girl and use her for some political debate. The story was of a little girl escaping a war and if you watch she looks over at someone then she goes into the spill of the Russians must've saved her. I'm sitting here wondering how this little girl can tell the difference between paramilitary forces and Georgian citizens or reservists. I know there is much history in this region. I do not know it all and I'm pretty sure this little girl did not know it all either. You somehow come up with another one of your conspiracy theories. Go figure. Must be some kind of liberal thing.

I'm not up to speed on this conflict myself....what little i read was Georgia did provoke somewhat but Russia over responded without fear of repercussion.......knowingly the US is so tied up in Iraq and Afghan there's not much we can do. And who are we fooling, telling one nation you shouldn't invade aother soverign nation. This is not a conspiracy theory, but why are you so programmed to believe everything this administration(the Gov't) reports to you thru the media. They lied to us before, why should we trust them now?

av8torntn

knowingly the US is so tied up in Iraq and Afghan there's not much we can do.

Now you are kidding yourself. Our National Guard alone could crush them. As far as I can see no invasion of any nation on our part. A couple of UN mandated actions but it seems a little different cause I don't really buy the Georgians were invading Russia thing.

av8torntn

Here is another chain email.

A point to ponder despite your political affiliation:

'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an
election in the United States.

'

On one side, you have a pants wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who cant keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now...On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate Mc terminology married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What are you lads thinking over there in the colonies???

diesel96

knowingly the US is so tied up in Iraq and Afghan there's not much we can do. quote]

Now you are kidding yourself. Our National Guard alone could crush them. As far as I can see no invasion of any nation on our part. A couple of UN mandated actions but it seems a little different cause I don't really buy the Georgians were invading Russia thing.

Our first line of defense within our borders, be it an invasion, natural diseaters, or in house rioting or chaos. Isn't that the purpose of our State and Nat'l and Guard?.....Now we have half our Nat'l Guard deployed with 2 to 3 tours in the Middle East under their belt already disruptiving families, employers and communities in the states where this is occurring and it raises the question of why the federal government is so dependent on these men and women as opposed to the full-time military. In our zeal following the Vietnam War to end conscription--the Draft—and create a professional Army, Navy, Marine and Air Force from enlistees, somewhere along the way we have failed to meet adequate manpower needs to becoming the world's police force.

I lay no claim to understanding much about the role of the National Guard, apparently more duties and responsibilities have been assigned to them since 2001, but common sense suggests that the heavy reliance on it for combat roles in Iraq and Afghanistan and threats to Iran and Russia reveals a real need to build up the troop strength in our current, fulltime professional military.
The only other option would be a return to the Draft to meet present and future needs if the war mongering Neo-Cons remain in power.

diesel96

That should be enough said.

Perhaps you should add some insight and explain to me and some of the vets I talk with whats wrong with that post. It's amazing how much slack you give a republican base Gov't who's abusing our Nat'l Guard's purpose, let alone the lack of training and equipment for disasters and emergencies here in the states.

av8torntn

Perhaps you should add some insight and explain to me and some of the vets I talk with whats wrong with that post. It's amazing how much slack you give a republican base Gov't who's abusing our Nat'l Guard's purpose, let alone the lack of training and equipment for disasters and emergencies here in the states.

I hope you do not take this the wrong way but you are the one that claimed you had no knowledge of the role of the National Guard then you offered up what you thought they should be doing.

This is straight from the web site for the National Guard.

"The Army National Guard (ARNG) is one component of The Army (which consists of the Active Army, the Army National Guard and the Army Reserve.) The Army National Guard is composed primarily of traditional Guardsmen -- civilians who serve their country, state and community on a part-time basis (usually one weekend each month and two weeks during the summer.) Each state, territory and the District of Columbia has its own National Guard, as provided for by the Constitution of the United States.
The National Guard has a unique dual mission that consists of both Federal and State roles. For state missions, the governor, through the state Adjutant General, commands Guard forces. The governor can call the National Guard into action during local or statewide emergencies, such as storms, fires, earthquakes or civil disturbances.
In addition, the President of the United States can activate the National Guard for participation in federal missions. Examples of federal activations include Guard units deployed to Kosovo and the Sinai for stabilization operations, and units deployed to the Middle East and other locations in the war on terrorism. When federalized, Guard units are commanded by the Combatant Commander of the theatre in which they are operating."

Before we go to far I would like to know where you got the information that the sole role of the National Guard was to fill sand bags. Here is a little history of the National Guard again from their web site.

History

"The National Guard, the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest enduring institutions, celebrated its 371st birthday in December of 2007. The National Guard traces its history back to the earliest English colonies in North America. Responsible for their own defense, the colonists drew on English military tradition and organized their able-bodied male citizens into militias.
The Guard doubled the size of the Regular Army when it was mobilized in 1940, more than a year before Pearl Harbor, and contributed 19 divisions to that war, as well as numerous other units including Guard aviation squadrons. More than 138,000 Guardsmen were mobilized for Korea, followed by numerous smaller mobilizations for the Berlin Crisis, Vietnam, and numerous strikes and riots at home. Approximately 63,000 Army Guardsmen were called to serve in Desert Storm, and in the decade since then Guardsmen have seen a greater role than ever before -- conducting peacekeeping in Somalia, Haiti, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, Bosnia, and Kosovo. Following the attacks of September 11, 2001, more than 50,000 Guardsmen were called up by both their States and the Federal government to provide security at home and combat terrorism abroad. Today's National Guard continues its historic dual mission, providing the states with units trained and equipped to protect life and property, while providing the nation with units ready to defend the United States and its interests around the world."

The last sentence applies directly to your post.

The National Guard has 28 Brigade combat teams. They also have 78 combat support brigades. There are two National Guard special forces groups. For you to post that you fell like the primary mission of the National Guard is to combat flooding or put down riots should at the very least be insulting to those that serve but then again you did say you did not know what you were talking about. Look man you have posted several times that you think the military budget is to large well the National Guard is a way to keep a military and at the same time reduce costs. Every friend you talked to that is in the Guard should know that they can be called to active duty and they can be called to State duty. They even knew this when they enlisted since it is a part of the oath they have to take. Even the goofy wiki site admits a dual role for the National Guard. The National Guard gets the majority of its money from the Federal Government so they will exist and be trained for their Federal mission.

You claim they are being abused. That alone is the most absurd thing the have posted in some time. Right now they only have to stay in a combat zone for nine months. Those that fought in wars before them left home and came back when the war was over.

diesel96

The National Guard has 28 Brigade combat teams. They also have 78 combat support brigades. There are two National Guard special forces groups. For you to post that you fell like the primary mission of the National Guard is to combat flooding or put down riots should at the very least be insulting to those that serve but then again you did say you did not know what you were talking about. Look man you have posted several times that you think the military budget is to large well the National Guard is a way to keep a military and at the same time reduce costs. Every friend you talked to that is in the Guard should know that they can be called to active duty and they can be called to State duty. They even knew this when they enlisted since it is a part of the oath they have to take. Even the goofy wiki site admits a dual role for the National Guard. The National Guard gets the majority of its money from the Federal Government so they will exist and be trained for their Federal mission.

You claim they are being abused. That alone is the most absurd thing the have posted in some time. Right now they only have to stay in a combat zone for nine months. Those that fought in wars before them left home and came back when the war was over.

Of all the soldiers serving in Iraq, none affect their home communities as much as those serving in the Army National Guard. Torn from their jobs, these “weekend warriors,” many of whom signed up out of a promise of free college tuition and a part-time job, have been thrown into a conflict thousands of miles away from home. Refusing to institute a draft for such an unpopular war, President Bush has chosen instead to "draft" these heroic community servants into a foreign conflict to supplement an army too small to carry out such a war without a draft. Since Sept. 11, more than 210,000 of the Guard's 330,000 soldiers have been called up to active duty. Instead of protecting their states from natural diseasters, and federal domestic emergencies, these guardspeople are dying in unprecedented numbers outside of our borders with no end to the bloodshed in sight.

tourists24

D,,,, have you READ AV8's earlier posts? Or did you just skim through them? You gave a great "feel good" response, but it IS part of the job description.

On a humorous note. Just how do National Guard units help states prevent natural disasters? I thought they responded to them

av8torntn

D,,,, have you READ AV8's earlier posts? Or did you just skim through them? You gave a great "feel good" response, but it IS part of the job description.

On a humorous note. Just how do National Guard units help states prevent natural disasters? I thought they responded to them

Found this on the internet and looks pretty accurate to the best of my memory. This is the oath you take.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

But Diesel you would have me believe that we somehow need a draft. How is this when only about half of our Army has deployed to OEF or OIF?

klein

Für Meno :)
I blame it on those village people that Bush gathered together from all those Island nations - they never showed up ! ;)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
53299-village-people.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Back in the dark days of Jimmy Carter, while Islamic savages were holding Americans hostage in Iran and we had no leadership capable of dealing with the situation, John Nonmacher put this up in his Katy, Texas restaurant:
cowboys-and-iranians.jpg

As Iran puts the finishing touches on a nuclear arsenal, Carter-style lack of leadership has returned, and the picture is still hanging there — as moonbats have been incensed to discover. Enragingly, Nonmacher refuses to take the picture down, even as progressives brandish the “racism” club that is supposed to elicit obsequious obedience from business owners.
Shrugs Nonmacher:
“This is still America. If they’re not happy here, then they should go back to Iran. It’s my choice to have it up. It’s your choice to go where you want to go. But I’m not going to take it down.”
If that isn’t enough to make gaskets blow in liberal skulls, this ought to do the trick. As a result of publicity caused by moonbats’ righteous denunciations, business is booming.

Moonbattery