Warehouse tour

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by kentucky5, May 23, 2013.

1. kentucky5

kentucky5 New Member

What should I wear to a warehouse tour?

2. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

A thong and pair of bright pink sweatpants.

3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Only if you are going into management.

4. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Dress for the job. Clean jeans and a polo shirt, if you're feeling snappy.

We had a tour come through my hub on Tuesday - my PT sup and I got a giggle in at a jackass in a shirt and tie. You'll be slinging cardboard, not hobnobbing with Scott Davis.

5. mixyo

mixyo Active Member

Jeans and a t-shirt is fine.

6. WESLA

WESLA It is what it is

I always get a good laugh out of those.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Jeans or khakis and a polo shirt.

8. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

KY, tour at SDF? That's the belly of the beast. Disregard the talking points by HR/tour guide. What you see is will not match what coming out the mouth of the HR person. Advance search the 8 eight keys to lifting and lowering on this site memorize them, and during your tour observe how many employees you see following those methods.

9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

10. DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!On the BC...

11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

‚ÄčOnce again, TMI!

12. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I wore a shirt and tie to my interview for a seasonal driving job.

13. HubBub

HubBub Active Member

It's a hard job, don't show up looking soft. But don't show up looking like a bum or a gangsta either.

14. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

That's all they hire here anymore. New guys that live in homeless shelters downtown. We lost one of our bathrooms near corporate a few years ago because we had a guy that would literally bathe in the sink, shirt off and all.
    Corporate used that bathroom and complained. Now it's sectioned off. It's become a joke seeing some of these guys they hire.

15. ocnewguy

ocnewguy Member

based on the tour groups i've seen walking around lately i wonder what the percentage of new hires on parole/probation is....

16. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

In my limited experience? I'd say about 5-10%, and that might be overshooting.

To get higher numbers, a better question to ask would be how many of the new hires have been arrested on two or more occasions. I feel like the number would skyrocket close to 40% for that one, but that's not to say that I think most PTers are inherently bad people. :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: happens, people make mistakes. The problem lies with those that continue to repeat their mistakes instead of learning how to avoid them.

17. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

I would advise also to wear your non slip shoes as well. It would be a bad start to things if you came across something wet, slipped and got hurt, or maybe it would be a good thing, who knows.

I love when they bring the new hires around my boxline on tour. Its like the imates calling out " fresh fish " when they do that. I usally stop working, and give them " that look ". Also use the " welcome to hell " line every now and again. Ahh, memories.

18. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

I would go with a tuxedo T-Shirt and a spinning bow tie. You'll fit right in.

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Don't forget the water squirting corsage :)b