Warning letter. Are you kidding me.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Thebrownstreak, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Thebrownstreak

Thebrownstreak Active Member

Tonight I was outside my center managers office and I heard him say that he was going to give one our drivers a warning letter. This driver was in an accident yesterday. He was hit in the rear while driving 40mph down the road. The other driver was cited for using his cell phone. What has me angry is that my center manager said that our driver should have pulled over to the side of the road so it would have been hit while parked. COME ON!!!

2. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

There must be more to this story, and yet, it would be no surprise at all.

Get rear ended? Should've been in the other lane. Didn't check your mirrors every 5-8 seconds, didn't expect the unexpected, did not clear all six sides, did not communicate with the other driver, etc etc...

3. Southwestern

Southwestern New Member

"Dear UPS Driver,

On Tuesday, February 28, 2012, you were involved in an accident. We subsequently completed a thorough and complete investigation and determined that you failed to expect the unexpected. As you know, all UPS employees are expected to expect the unexpected. As such, you are hereby warned."

Your Center Manager
    CC: Employee File, Human Resource Manager, District Manager

4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

And he should have expected this form letter as well. Since he did not, he will then receive a letter for failing to expect the unexpected warning letter. This could go on and on and on and on............

5. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Its the last day of the month. Your center manager is probably one or two warning letters short of meeting his quota.

6. As long as our guy was going 40 mph in the same direction as the orher driver who hit us....we wern't backing were we?

7. Late for supper

Late for supper New Member

Just goes to show you how out of touch they are when driving the desk!

8. old brown shoe

old brown shoe 30 year driver

A real boss would refuse to give a warning letter out for this. If he does, then his respect from fellow employees should be gone.

9. cino321

cino321 Active Member

It's a form of harassment. They know that letter won't stick. It's just intimidation.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

One point that hasn't been mentioned yet is the severity of the accident. It's one thing to hit the back of our PC when both are travelling 40 mph. Had the driver pulled to the side of the road and the texter hit it going 40 mph the accident would have been much more severe.

This warning letter is a joke.

11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Everytime i see a car on the road i pull over expecting the unexpected.

12. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I say use driveways. It's dangerous on the road. :obeyhypnosmiley:

13. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

If a UPS plane slid off the runway and slammed into my feeder at Logan,would it be my fault or the pilots ??

14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

You could have prevented it.

15. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Why in the world did you park right where it would slide into you?
    Expect the unexpected.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You guys get enough air where you need to use a feedah?

17. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

So, from now on every time we have a car behind us, we should pull over to the side of the road and let it pass? Ok, eta 6am tomorrow. Sorry about the whole DOT 14 hour thing. All we have to offer is service you know, and it just is not safe to drive with someone behind us.

18. philmydoyle

philmydoyle Just file

haha haha

Your lucky if you were in my building you or whatever person would have been fired... But don't let it bother you cause guess what UNION baby!!!!thats why you do to have to be intimidated by these people I get cursed out harassed fired on a weekly basis... Get with your steward, be unified, stick together and everything will be fine... You can't get fired for BS

19. cino321

cino321 Active Member

You guys are all terrible drivers. :sochildish:

20. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

"space and visibility"
    It seems that we have come to expect UPS to expect us to expect the unexpected ( :) ), and they want to hold us accountable for everyone elses mistakes and overall driving, walking, general behavior.
    In this case, maybe the UPS driver should have sped up to 60mph to increase the other drivers following distance?
    Space on all 6 sides!
    blah, whatta' scam. Having been victimized before in a similar one, I learned that no one should take it personally, at least imo.